Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Today's my due date...


but I guess it's not in the plans for me to have this baby today. I've read that only 5 % of women actually have their babies on their due dates anyway, so I shouldn't get too down on myself. I really thought that I would have this baby early, especially after all the days of contractions and cramping. It gets so hard day after day of pain with no results. Yesterday I spent much of the day in pain, yet nothing happened in the end. I cried. My instincts are telling me that the day is coming (well, obviously, right?!?) based on pains and aches that I am feeling. At this point the baby is ready to go. It just keeps adding weight (and adding stretch marks to my belly!), so the sooner this baby arrives the better! :) The stretch marks aren't that big of deal, really, since it will all be worth it in the end, it's just something I'm dealing with. I even have stretch marks around my belly button! :( Overall, I'm feeling okay. I am extremely uncomfortable (as many of you already know), so I have been staying in a lot and not wanting visitors. I've been a recluse and waiting for this baby to get here so I can finally feel normal again and see visitors. It will be an exciting time! Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Britta, I'm sorry it's taking so long for Baby to arrive. I can't imagine what it feels like, but I sympathize just the same. =)

I'm pullin' for you!
(Figuratively speaking...)

Monica said...

Hey Brit, Hope you're feeling better. :) You were missed this weekend, but everyone understands so don't worry about it. I really understand the need to just hang out and spend some time by yourself. I get that way when I'm sick, it's just easier I think. We'll all see you soon enough. But, if you get bored and want to chat or want to play some Trivial Pursuit DVD, just give me a call. Ciao chica. :)

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Britta... You're in the home stretch. If it makes you feel any better, I had a dream last night that you had baby Spitzley (and within a couple days any extra baby weight you put on melted away instantly). Don't ask why I was dreaming of you, but I did think about you this weekend and kept wondering if the time had come! Your in my thoughts and prayers, just hang on :) Dawn

Jocelyn Edin said...

Silly due dates. They get you all excited and then...no baby. But it's coming out...no matter what. Ready or not!

Luv U

Anonymous said...

Hey Britta, I know its almost there. As Erica said, I have NO idea what it feels like but I sympathize too :) It was great to talk to you for a minute or two on Sat and you continue to be in all of our thoughts and prayers.....any minute now and your bundle of love will make it all worth while!! Love, Melissa

Anonymous said...

Britta, you are one amazing and strong lady, on so many levels! I'm proud of you and Ben!

Monica said...

Hey again Brit, I know I already posted but today at work we were talking about full moons...and there's one tomorrow. Anyhow, the short of it is, that apparently more babies are born on full moons than any other phase...maybe just an old wives tale, but who knows. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Britta and Ben. What a beautiful baby boy you have! Enjoy these special times and the overwhelming love that pours from you toward this precious child.
We are taking care of everything at school. So don't give it a second thought.