Friday, September 29, 2006

3 Weeks Old


Barrett is 3 weeks old today! Wow...where has the time gone?? I keep hearing that time will only go faster, so I'm trying to enjoy these moments. Yet, I must say that I jinxed myself last night because I was telling Ben that I'm getting used to getting up at night and it doesn't seem to be interferring too much during the day because Barrett will fall right back to sleep after nursing...BUT last night Barrett refused to sleep so I was awake much of the night...ugh! Just when you get used to something. :) It makes life interesting, right?!?

The picture above represents the place Barrett likes to be in the evenings...right on daddy's chest. I think Barrett gets bored with seeing me all day, because when dad is home he just likes to lay there and stare at him. It is truly adorable! :)

Tonight Ben and I are going out for our first entire evening away from Barrett. We've only left him one other time and that was just for a few hours. Tonight we will miss a feeding (I've introduced Barrett to the bottle already...pumping breastmilk), so Grandma Katrina and Papa will be over feeding and watching Barrett. It will be nice to get out, but I'm sure I'll miss Barrett most of the time. It's just something else to get used to. :) Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jocelyn Edin said...

OMG, that is the cutest picture I've seen of the little guy yet!!! Date night, alright. Glad he's taking a bottle no prob. Hope to talk to you soon. I'm almost over with my minutes so I've been cut off!

Anonymous said...

He looks so old!! (In a good way!)

Seriously, three weeks?! Are you kidding me? Holy crap!

Cuter and cuter every day...

Anonymous said...

Ditto to Joss's comment, that pic is adorable!! Hope you enjoyed your night out, I'm glad you are making "time for yourself." We CANNOT wait to see you and the fam next weekend. After MSU's loss to Illinois, we hope Barrett will be sporting Maize and Blue :) Have a good week! Love, Melissa

Monica said...

Wow, he is starting to look SO grown up. It is amazing how much he's changed since we've seen you guys last! Hope date night was awesome and that you had a great weekend. Can't wait to see you next weekend...