Monday, August 28, 2006

Still Pregnant!

Well, I thought I had better post again since it is becoming so close to "labor day". The few times I've called people this weekend they thought that I was calling them to tell them that I was at the hospital or that I had the baby. I guess my calls will be coming to a stop from now until then. I don't want to get people all excited for nothing.

As for the pregnancy, I again would like to say how uncomfortable I am. My hands are the most annoying things right now...super swollen and tingly. Ugh! Walking around too much is difficult, also. Friday night (well I guess it would have been early Saturday morning) I was up again from 2-5 am counting contraction (which were stronger this time with more back pain and cramping), yet again they subsided. I am getting very annoyed with those false contraction. I even showered and dried my hair this time. I was so close to believing that it was the real thing! :( Since then I have had some Braxton Hick's contractions, yet nothing amounting to anything. My next appointment is tomorrow, so I will know more then.

This past weekend was an emotional one, but it brought the family together which was nice. Saturday (August 26th) marked the 10 year Anniversary since my mother's passing. My mother's family all came into town that day and we went to the grave to share our thoughts and memories. We all cried and opened up to each other in such a meaningful way. I loved hearing all the great stories. My mother was such an amazing woman and she touched so many people's lives.

After we went to the grave, we went to dinner in town. We were able to catch up on events and share the love some more. It was a nice time. Then, we drove over to see the tree that is dedicated to my mother. It is a great looking tree right on the river. There's a plaque that makes note of the dedication underneath it, as well. After all of these events, my immediate family all went back to my father's house and we stayed up talking and sharing old family pictures until about midnight. I loved this time and we need to do it more often! :)

7 comments:

Jocelyn Edin said...

I agree Brit. Very special weekend. So sorry you have to go through all of this false labor...although it's actually prepping your body. There is a reason!!! Call me anyway :)

Jocelyn Edin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jocelyn Edin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey Britta, so sorry that you are still uncomfortable! I'm impressed that you even dried your hair for the false-delivery :), apparently you are ready to look your best in the pics.

I'm glad the anniversary event went well and everyone was able to share and be together, Kyle and I were thinking about everyone.

Keep the posts coming, I still love to know how you are doing even if there is no baby yet!!
Love, Melissa

Monica said...

Brit, this weekend was great. :) It was awesome seeing everyone, and getting together. Good luck at your appointment tomorrow! I'm sure they'll be like, "Oh yeah, this baby is coming, in fact we need to head to delivery right now." Okay, so maybe not, but probably soon! I keep crossing my fingers he/she comes in August...since August birthdays are pretty cool. ;) Anyhow, we'll keep our phones on, talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I got to spend some time with you guys (for a few hours) this weekend. I feel like I don't see you guys enough. I need to make it a point to come visit more. Once we get this whole car situation figured out I'll have a really good excuse to do some driving!

And my offer is still standing, if ever you feel like you just need a nap, I'm not far away. I'll sit and stare (and be mesmerized!) at Baby Spitzley as long as you like!


I'm glad the family was able to share Saturday with eachother. You guys have been through a lot and it never hurts to have a few shoulders to lean on in those hard times and difficult memories. It's good to remember together.

Hearts!
(good luck tomorrow!)
Erica

Anonymous said...

i'm so happy that you got to set with family and talk about your mom and i'm truely sorry but it's great that you and your family get to talk about every thing it's so cool . but and way let's not talk about it to much.i can't wait for the baby to come in to this world .my aunt /mom said that she can't wait to see pic;s and good luck with your labor. and i hope that your not sick.i'm going to vermontville to my other house and were going camping with some of are family friends .so i think that will be great so i'm happy and i will go with my dad on sat.so ya well got to got so luz's amanda huss.love you tell ben i said hi and tell him the baby will be here soon .and he can be a daddy.