Tuesday, August 29, 2006
Here's the update...
Okay, so the appointment was a little discouraging, but my sister keeps telling me to think positively. It is so difficult to keep thinking that way when I keep going through all this pain for hardly any progress! The doctor says that I am 2 cm dilated, still 50% effaced and the head is high (not a good thing when it comes to labor). She was able to "strip the membranes" somewhat. She tried with all her might (and believe me it felt like it too) to do the best she could. I don't know. It's not the news I wanted to hear, but there is nothing I can do about it. Maybe things will still happen soon, but I scheduled an appointment for next week (at that point I will be 3 days overdue). I sure do hope the baby comes soon though, because I am so tired of being so uncomfortable. The next two days I have to be up at school so that should help take my mind off of things. Sorry ladies, not such exciting news, at least I did dilate some more, right?!? I'll keep you posted!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for the update. I just got done talking with another co-worker who was in your exact situation last year....she went to the first two days of faculty required meetings, with braxton hicks contractions and all, then went into labor the following week. She (like you) had a sub start her year and she said everything worked out...it was stressful and a bit of a pain in the beginning (during labor/meetings/etc). Yet, she said it was good in the end and the baby is sooo worth it!! I'm thinking about you, and of course, you, Ben, and baby are in my prayers. Keep up the great work!! Love, Melissa
Eh, at least you didn't get any really bad news. Like "oh, we miscalculated and you have another month!" That'd be worse, I think! =)
It's good that you're trying to keep busy for at least a couple of days. Maybe the less you think about it, the sooner it'll happen.
*sigh*
Any minute now..
Post a Comment