Yesterday our bookcase came in (we ordered it two weeks ago) and so I was able to go pick it up. Ben put it in the room and then I was able to finalize some last minute organizational stuff. We are both in love with the room and are very happy with how it turned out. A nice personal touch are the scupltures on the wall (the lion and the elephant) which my father made. I love them!
Today I had my 38-week prenatal appointment and I had my first cervical check. The doctor told me that I am currently 1 cm dialated and I am 50% effaced. The head is engaged (which is a good thing) and the cervix is soft (also a good thing). All in all, what does this mean? Well, actually not a whole lot. The doctor did say that it is a good sign that my body is doing something, but as far as labor approaching it means nothing. She said that if I don't go into labor by my next appointment (which is Tuesday morning) then at that time the doctor will "strip the membranes". She told me that 50% of women begin labor within 24 hours of this happening. That's exciting to hear! :) I know that I should enjoy these last days without a baby because a baby changes everything, but I am to the point of such uncomfortableness (is that a word?!?). Three of my fingertips are now numb and tingly, I can't sleep, I have cramping and countless other aches and pains. The sleepless nights with a baby sound like a blessing right now! :)
6 comments:
The nursery looks awesome! I love the colors, you have such great taste! Good luck in the next week! I can't wait to hear about Baby Spitzley kicking and screaming into this world. You and Ben will be wonderful parents as you are wonderful peoples! Have fun ;) Dawn
That is a beautiful room. I mean, I know I've seen it in a few stages, but it really looks great all put together and ready to go.
Labor! In less than a week! Whee! My fingers are crossed for you. All that discomfort really must take it's toll. I bet you'll forget all about it when you have sweet Baby Spitzley in your arms. =)
I'll see you sometime this weekend! (or will I?? eeee!)
I love the nursery, it looks great! Sorry to hear you are so uncomfortable, I thought for you sure would be dilated more than 1 cm! Good to hear that the baby is in the right spot and looking almost ready to come out! Love, Melissa
The nursery is looking great. :) Thanks for updating today, I've been so excited to get home and find out how things went! Sounds like everything is on track and going well. See you Saturday!
I'm holding my breath...
wow that's just right for a little one it all came together just right .i think that you and ben and who ever else if any one did a great job .i'm so happy for you and ben to start a new life with alittle one by your side .well it is getting so soon to going back to school that i'm so scard i dont want to go back at all but wait i sure do miss my teachers .luzs amanda huss
Post a Comment