Wow, I look sleepy in this picture (currently at 37 weeks and 2 days)!! My sleep has been poor recently. Last night I woke up every two hours to go to the bathroom!! Ugh! My hands continue to swell to unreal proportions. Ben has been really supportive and keeps telling me that we're almost there and that I have been doing such a good job throughout this entire pregnancy. He's been a sweetheart. :)
I went to the doctor yesterday and everything looks great. I have been cramping a lot recently and they asked me if I wanted to be checked to see if I had started to dialate, but we all agreed to wait until next week. The doctor again said that the baby was head down and then measured my belly (which she measured at 39!!!) and estimated the weight currently to be around 7.5 lbs!!! She thinks that if I deliver in 2 weeks that the baby will probably be around 8 or 9 lbs.!! Whoa! All she kept saying yesterday was "You have a good size baby in there". My test for Group B Strep came back negative (which is a good thing) and that is the last test I need to do. Now I am in what everyone calls the "waiting game". Ben and I both agree that we are ready to meet this little person and so we'd be okay if it happened at any time. I know that I am ready to also get my body (and my hands) back to normal.
Today I am going in to school to finalize my long term sub plans and get my classroom ready. I was up there a couple other times and I think that today will be the last day that I need to go up there. I just want to get all my school stuff finished so that I don't have to worry about it any more and I can just focus on the upcoming labor & delivery & meeting baby.
This is an exciting time. I'll keep you posted on things to come!
7 comments:
Hooray for good news! Before we know it we'll have a healthy & happy new baby in the family.
You know, I think time really does go slower when you're having a baby [or getting married]. It's cruel! =)
p.s. Those prego jeans are hot! =)
OMG! I can't believe how close you are. Don't worry about looking sleepy. That'll last until after Christmas :) Maybe you'll deliver soon so the baby won't have time to get any bigger in there. I'm sending you my please-baby-come-out-early vibes!!! Love you.
Britta-I'm also hoping that Hank will come early. 7.5 lbs is a healthy weight. Hang in there B, I love you!-Kate
Brit, I'm so excited! I keep seeing the pics and the countdown and it's just awesome! I agree with Kate, maybe "Hank" will decide it's due time to be delivered and he or she will make an early appearance. It doesn't sound like a threat for an early delivery at this point, so I'll cross my fingers for you too! Also, what are you and Ben up to for tomorrow nite? Rex and I have a nite off...:) I know he has something at Kendall all day Sat. starting at 9, but yeah just let us know!
WOW, look tired? what i noticed was a VERY large belly!! you've been quite a trooper... i'm sure ben is very proud. can't imagine carrying that belly around. God had the right idea on the whole female gets prego thing. :) Many wishes/prayers that the last week or two go well and everyone is healthy on the other end!!!! we miss y'all and can't wait to see you sometime this fall.
lots of love,
kyle and melissa
i my god it has been so long since i have been on your page .my internet was down and still is but i'm at grandma's house so i have been thinking about you alot.wounding how you are but your baby really has got big and that is so great .well i really have to go so luz
amanda huss
oh my god ............sorry
Post a Comment