Friday, August 18, 2006
False Alarm
So yesterday was an interesting day to say the least. I went to school and worked in my classroom all day and then headed home. When I got home all I wanted to do was rest. I need to add that I have mentioned several times to different people that labor can start at any time, but it needs to hold off until all of my school stuff is taken care of (which it now was). Anyway, as soon as I sat down I got a contraction, which I thought was another Braxton Hicks (false labor), so I brushed it off. Then as time passed I noticed that I was getting an awful lot of these Brackton Hicks contractions, so I decided that I'd better start timing these things, because it could be the real deal. As the hour progressed I was getting a contraction every 3-7 minutes and they ranged anywhere from 1.5 minutes to 3 minutes. I tried drinking a lot of water, changing positions, I even took a warm shower, all the methods mentioned to relieve these false labor contractions. Nothing was working. I was still talking through them, sometimes walking was uncomfortable though. Needless to say, I quite timing them, because I have heard that women can go through pre-labor for hours and soon enough I didn't notice them anymore. I had a few contractions through the night, but nothing substantial. I haven't had any so far this morning, but that definitely put us through the ringer. I guess we have to be prepared for anything. Labor could be today, but it could be two weeks from now...you never know. All I know is that it is getting close and my body is certainly getting itself ready! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
AAAAHHHH!!! I've got to call you. Whoa.
Britta! Holy Crap! I'm so nervous for you!-Kate
I don't check your blog for two days and you have two posts, plus a message from Kyle, I'm impressed!! I love how you describe everything so I know what it is really like....STRESSFUL! I'm glad you got all of your school stuff done, that should be a big relief. I started meetings yesterday and it feels so good to be back in the teaching world again :) Good luck as you wait it out, we will be praying and thinking of you and Baby Spitzley!! Love, Melissa and Kyle
Good times yesterday. :) For some reason this post didn't show up for me til today...ah well. Can't wait to see you guys again! Lots of love!
Oh Britta---I doubt that you will make it 'til we are supposed to see you next weekend. Oh my--you REALLY take care!! Love ya--Jojo
This is it!
Finalllllyyyyyyy.
It's coming down to the hours now. Fantastic!
Post a Comment