I had my 36 week check-up today and everything continues to be great! Yay! The belly is actually measuring at 37 (I think I may have already mentioned this, but the belly should measure the same as how many weeks pregnant you are) and the baby is in a head down position. I did gain 3 more pounds...ugh...and I have some stretch marks showing up on the underside of my belly (Ben told me that because I can't see them unless I use a mirror). You can sort of see them in the picture...nasty things aren't they?!? My feet are swollen slightly, but my hands have become the problem recently. My right hand is so swollen (a lot more than my left hand) and now the tip of the middle finger on my right hand is constantly numb and tingly! I asked the doctor about it today and she told me that it was just the result of some pinching of nerves and that it is nothing to worry about. It is such an annoying thing though. It feels weird just to type this entry!! As for everything else pregnancy related I feel great. Sleep is getting more and more difficult, but during the day I am fine. The baby still moves quite a bit (less kicking and more slow movements across the belly) and it's now getting to the point that many movements are uncomfortable. I sometimes have to push back to make it feel better. Oh, and one thing that I almost forgot, the braxton hicks contractions have really been underway recently!! They do not feel good at all (the belly hardens up and then I feel cramping and pressure near the lower part of my belly). The doctor says that it's an amazing thing, the body, because it knows what to do and it's getting itself ready. These "false labor" contractions wake me up sometimes at night and sometimes I have several in an hour. Yuck! And to top it off, I'm pretty sure that they're only going to start coming more often! It's all part of the excitement though, right?!?
As for everything else, I have been really busy this week (which is good because it takes my mind off of the waiting). I actually spent some time this week in my classroom trying to get things ready for my maternity leave (I am taking 9 weeks off) and I met some friends (Rachel and Destinee) for dinner. It was so nice to see those girls and catch up on things. I also had dinner at my dad's Monday & Tuesday night (Katrina made a great dinner and then there were leftovers the next night...bonus!!). Then yesterday Katrina and I went to Main Dish Kitchen where we made 7 meals to store in the freezer. This way when the baby is here all I have to do is get a meal out of the freezer and cook it. There is no chopping veggies, mixing ingredients, or washing of big dishes. Yeah! I love the idea and they even has a "New Mom" promotion going on right now, so I'll definitely be going back when the baby is here. And finally this week I started packing for the hospital. I have one bag for the labor part and then a larger bag for the postpartum period. I still have some finishing to do, but at least I'm somewhat ready. :)
This weekend Ben and I are heading to his grandma's to spend some time at the lake. Ben has a guy day planned (with friends from high school) on Saturday, so I'll be flying solo that day (hey, at least I'll be able to swim and lounge in the sun) and then Sunday Randy and Kristen are coming to visit us at the lake. It should be a great, relaxing weekend! I don't have too many of those left, so I am trying to enjoy it while I can.
6 comments:
Yey, a new post :) You are looking awesome, Brit, and of course you are still going to put on weight, you are pregnant, silly goose!! Such motivation to get in the classroom to prep for the sub, I'm impressed. I start my meetings next week....break is over!! I'm jealous you get to go to the lake again this weekend, it is supposed to be beautiful. Michelle and I were talking about prego friends and her best friend actually had to hold her right hand above her heart for the majority of her final weeks since it was so swollen...the Dr prescribed it! Man, these are things making me NOT want to get prego :) Have a great weekend and tell Ben we say HI! Love, Kyle and Melissa
You look beautiful pregnant Britta. I'm glad to hear things are moving along. Good luck the rest of the way!!
-Brooke
Britta,
You look amazing. :) It's great that the false contractions are under way, maybe the baby will be on time or maybe even a tiny bit early? The baby seems to be in good position, and I can't imagine how funny it would be to have to push the baby around to a more comfortable spot in the tummy! I'm sure someday, maybe, I'll know that feeling, although Kari keeps telling me it should be sooner rather than later...I just roll my eyes and say I'm more than happy to play with Gwen, and the new bundle of joy when he/she comes to town. :) Have a nice relaxing weekend at the lake, and catch some rays for me!
I'm SO excited for you!! I can't help but get all giddy when I know it's only a few more weeks away. Babies are so much fun! Well, in the beginning probably more fun for us..more work for you! =) But it's all worth it!
Have fun this weekend. I'll keep my fingers crossed for good weather and relaxation! Soak it up while you can!! xoxo
You couldn't have asked for a more beautiful weekend to relax and play with your friends. It feels magical today. I took Gwen for a long walk around in the morning sun. I thought about you and the wee one in your tummy. Wow, I can't wait! Everyone is so right, you look so sweet and beautiful.
Britta: Go to The Better Health food store in Frandor and pick up this oil: Mother's Special Blend (maybe D told you about it). It's supposed to be awesome for toning the skin before, during and after pregnancy. It has almond oil, pecan oil, coconut oil, cocoa butter and vitamin e. If you don't know check the website at mothersspecialblend.com. I use it daily after I shower and absolutely love it!!! And it's all natural! Good luck! Dawn
Post a Comment