Tuesday, August 01, 2006

35 weeks pregnant, 35 days to go!


I'm a little over a month away from my due date! Yea! I am ready to not be pregnant anymore and definitely ready to meet this little person! The home-stretch is here, yet I am finding that I am busier than ever. I have been very lucky in that I have been able to enjoy this summer with no work and no school, but it is finanlly catching up with me. I have to make sure the nursery is ready (when it is I'll post pics) and I have to get together my long-term sub plans (I will be taking 9 weeks off). I'm finding that the sub thing is going to be a lot of work, but I keep telling myself "take it one step at a time". I know I'll be fine if I pace myself and don't procrastinate.

As for baby action, the baby is still kicking all the time. It often will move and hit my right leg nerve (which feels very uncomfortable) and it is going into my rib cage on the left side sending me sharp pains. All the organs are developed now and are finalizing for birth. The baby is over 18 inches long and a little over 5 pounds! Yup, this is definitely why I have difficulty sleeping at night (well, besides the constant running to the bathroom). I have started to experience some swelling of my ankles and feet, some days are better than others. My hands have been swollen for awhile now, but they seem to get worse and worse every day. They always feel tight and I have officially lost the ability to snap my fingers! :( I am told that they will go back to normal after delivery...let's keep our fingers crossed!

And on a final note, last weekend Ben and I spent time at his Grandma Lewis' place on the lake. Ben's family and neighbors got together (thrown by Aunt Sandy) and had a baby shower for Amanda and me. It was so nice to feel all the love. The weather was great Friday night and Saturday, but the day of the shower (Sunday), it poured and poured. It did clear up late afternoon, so I was able to get one last swim in before we had to head for home. It passed through my head that this may be the last time I go swimming before the baby arrives. Wow, how time is really flying! Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww, you are so cute. I can really see how your belly has "popped" since your previous profile pictures. You are also so tan, I'm jealous! Kyle and I are very excited for you and Ben and can't believe the due date is so close! Good luck finishing the nursery and the sub plans. I know that when I did just one week of plans when we went on our honeymoon it was a lot of work, so I can sympathize. Thanks for all the great posts that you continue to do!! Love, Melissa

Jocelyn Edin said...

Wow, I've been so busy and it just hit me that this baby is coming soon!!! I'm so excited. Hang in there Brit. The symptoms do go away...eventually.

luv u

Anonymous said...

I had a dream that you had a baby boy and you named him Tiger because the doctor wouldn't let you leave the room until you decided and you said the first thing you thought of. Then, Ben decided that he actually really liked it and you both ended up really happy. I'm going to take that as a good sign. =) No matter what you choose (good luck on those boy names!), this baby is going to be a fantastic addition to the family. Yay! Only a month away!

Monica said...

Thirty five days?!?! Dangggggg. I know I say this everytime, but that is soo soon! Wow, that's awesome. Good luck with the sub plans, it'll work out alright. Just don't worry too much about it, see and you're on top of things, school doesn't even start for like 35 days and you're already working on them. Me, the procrastinator would probably be filling them out in the delivery room...go figure. :) Sounds like everything is great, and yeah, whenever you want to come visit just let us know. We'd love to see you. Talk to you soon!!

joanne said...

Oh Britta---we are SO excited for you, Ben and the baby. Betcha it's a boy!! You take good care of yourself--that's the MOST important thing right now. Jojo

Anonymous said...

Alright, Brit, you haven't posted anything all week, what is going on? I'm in the middle of cleaning and looking for a break with an update from you, and there isn't any!! Just kidding, I'm just excited for the baby....Michelle and I went shopping when she was in town and she had to buy two shower gifts, and I wanted to buy a cute outfit for baby Spitzley but I want to buy it specifically for a boy or girl, not neutral, so I waited. Hope all is well and enjoy your weekend...back to cleaning :) Love, Melissa

Laura said...

Hi Britta - I just had to check in and see how you're doing! Can you believe that it's almost here!?! It seems like a lifetime ago I was in your shoes (well, barely in shoes with my feet so swollen!), although it was only 3 months ago. As crazy as it sounds, I do miss being pregnant and feeling Max move around. Can't wait to find out what the baby is! Good luck - and don't forget to buy paper plates - a great tip we got from a nurse at our birthing class!