
Both babies heads are now down!!!
Yesterday I had a doctor's appointment. I had another NST done (everything was fine), an ultrasound, and a meeting with the doctor. The ultrasound picture presented some new news, also. Previously Baby A was head down and Baby B was head up. Well, Baby B has now changed positions and is head down. I was getting myself all prepared for a c-section (which I still might have), but now I have the option of trying it without surgery. The doctor said that the only risk with it that way is that after Baby A is delivered, then Baby B may switch positions due to the extra room and then I would have to get a c-section. This would mean healing in both locations. That would not be pleasant to say the least. The doctor said that it's a gamble. Both babies might deliver just fine, but then maybe they won't and I'll still need a c-section anyway. There is not that much information out there about the possibility of the second baby switching positions half-way through delivery, but I'm still looking around. It would be so empowering, in my opinion, to labor and delivery these two babies, but on the other hand I want what is safest for the babies. I don't want Baby B to be in distress after Baby A is delivered. What should I do?!?? As for everything else, things are fine. I've been having a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions and sharp pains, but the doctor did not seem concerned. I guess it's just that "end of the pregnancy" time when everything gets uncomfortable and painful. I have to grin and bear it!! This is why Ben and I are done having babies after this!!!
Trina and Barrett came to the doctor with me. I hardly see Barrett during the week, so Trina brought him with me so that I could at least hang out with him. Trina's been a great help these past few weeks. Barrett was terrific throughout the day. After the doctor's appointment we decided to go to lunch at a local restaurant. We were seated at a table and then I turn around and Andrea and Destinee were standing there!! They said they just got seated, too, so we joined tables and had lunch with the girls. A few minutes after that Kate arrived, too!!! It was such an unplanned surprise and I loved it! I feel so closed in these days so to be able to chat it up with some of my closest girlfriends was great! It was a great afternoon. :)
4 comments:
Omigosh, it's hard to believe that it's already "end of pregnancy" time!
I know it would be a great sense of accomplishment to deliver the babies yourself - but I hope you still feel incredibly empowered for everything you've already done! Whatever you decide, you're still a superhero. :)
Now that I'm back at Finley's I'll have more time off during the days - if you ever need anything or just want to keep Barrett home for the day don't hesitate to ask!
I love the ultrasound picture! I'm glad that the babies and you are doing well. Its nice that Trina was able to join you w/Barrett and then you could meet up w/friends as well!
I agree w/you that having to heal from a c-section and vaginal birth would be very tough, so its a hard choice for which route to take. I'm sure when the time comes it will all work out the way it is supposed to :) How is Amanda's baby doing?
As always, I appreciate the updates! Love, Melissa
I love blogs!
This all sounds so positive. Did this all happen today?
I understand your concerns about a c-section but I really think you should try without. You are a strong woman and you and the babies will be okay either way. Look at me and Gwen. I healed up from both!
Wow, it's just amazing to see how much your twins have grown from ultrasound one. I also think that having them both have turned around and facing head down is pretty cool news. Glad to hear you got to do some catching up with the girlfriends, and happy you beat Rex in a Guitar Hero battle...: ) Hope to see you again soon!
Post a Comment