
(31 weeks 3 days pregnant) (the smaller pic is when I was 32 weeks preggo with Barrett)
Today I had my first NST appointment. This is a non-stress test to monitor the babies heart tones and uterine activity. I passed with flying colors. The babies hearts both sound great and there was no uterine activity (which is what you want). I had to sit in a room with all these monitors all over my belly for about 20 minutes. The only sound was of the babies heart beats...it made me so drowsy! :) I have these NST appointments twice a week. Once a week this is followed by an ultrasound and an appointment with my doctor. It's busy, but like I told my doctor...if I'm still going to appointments then it means the babies are still staying in me. I saw a few very small babies at the hospital yesterday and I really don't want my babies to be born just yet. It would be so scary. An update on Elizabeth, also, I guess several test they performed came back negative (a spinal tap, CAT scan, etc.). This is a good thing. Last I heard they were still waiting on the EEG, which checks the brain. Unforunately she was still in the NICU, though. It looks as though things are looking up though, which is excellent news.

4 comments:
You are such a sport to post a belly pic at this point with twins! You rock!!! Seeing the comparison is great. Gwen was kind of shocked and I tried to explain the whole two babies in your belly phenomenon :) She was speechless.
Thanks for the updates. Luv u.
I really admire how strong you're staying these days. I know it isn't easy for you, but you really do look amazing.
And I can't even tell you how exciting it was to feel the babies in your belly! I've never felt a kick before, and that was like a whole body shift! Pretty thrilling for me. :)
Glad everything is still going smoothly! Ben's mom has a friend with 8 kids - 3 sets of twins - and they were all born weighing almost 8 lbs!! (p.s. they're all under the age of 9!! whew!)
And my happy thoughts are still with baby Elizabeth. Fingers crossed for a positive outcome.
Ditto to Joss and Erica's comments...you are looking great, I'm so happy for a full belly shot and the comparison! It sounds like the dr appts 2X a week will be keeping you occupied and at least give you something to do :) Thanks for the update on baby Elizabeth too!! Love, Melissa
I am giggling just a bit at Joss's comment about trying to explain twins to Gwen..it's even a hard thing for me to get my mind around some days! But so excited for you, and glad to hear the babies are staying put for the time being. : ) My teacher's twin boys came in to visit the classroom yesterday, it was like unofficial doubles, triples, and quads day...craziness, but a lot of fun! As always, love the updates!
Post a Comment