Friday, September 22, 2006

Barrett Can Flip Over!!


So last night Ben was giving Barrett some "tummy time" and Barrett flipped over onto his back (several different times!)!! He had been close before, but he actually did it this time! I got some video clips of it (no sound, though), but I'll have to figure out how to share them first. Ben was so excited that he exclaimed "We have a protege!". All this excitement and Barrett is just 2 weeks old today!!

On another note, Barrett slept in his crib the entire night last night and it was wonderful!! He's pretty much clockwork these days, waking up every three hours to feed and get a diaper change. So needless to say I got a few good 2.5 hours of sleep in chunks. It felt so good. It was difficult at first to have him in another room, because I couldn't check on him easily, but it was all of those noises that was keeping me up at night. He was fine and I have to remember that many of his noises don't mean that he needs me at that moment. Overall it was a great night and I hope that most nights are like that one! Hopefully he sleeps longer between feedings soon, too! :) Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jocelyn Edin said...

It only gets better. He can't help that he's such a piggie right now. I remember calling them "chunks" of sleep too :)

Anonymous said...

hey mrs.spitzley this is deedee and krista ur baby is sooooo cute!!! hes wys the same as i did when i was born...lol. we all miss u at skool!! we disected a worm the other day in inside animals,it was kool

Anonymous said...

He's so perfect! You guys definately made an awesome little person. Keep 'em coming... hahaha

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much he has changed in 2 weeks!! Thanks for the email of pics...my mom and dad are in town this weekend helping us paint and I my mom 'oohed' and said how cute he was :) Congrats also on getting 2.5 hrs of sleep at a time, its amazing how a new mom is happy to get the "chunks" of sleep like that!! Thanks for the updates! Love, Melissa

Monica said...

Chunks of sleep..just tell yourself they're "power naps" and maybe that'll make them a bit easier. :) Sounds like he's on the right track though and doing wonderful.