Monday, July 07, 2008

Mini Vacay

4th of July Weekend 2008

We went up to Ben's grandma's house (she lives on a lake) last Wednesday and came home yesterday. It was a nice extended stay and we were able to rest and relax and get some sun.

The first day we were there a big storm rolled through and cut the power. We had to "rough" it and use kerosene lamps and the outhouse. The power didn't come back on until Friday afternoon! We did get a few generators hooked up on Thursday, though, so we didn't have to rough it for too long. Thursday was a day of relaxing in the sun, then that night Barrett went home with Aunt Sheryl to spend the 4th with Ryan and Alissa and their boys. Barrett went to the local parade and rode on the ponies and the small ferris wheel. Alissa took pictures, so when I get those I'll share. Friday there was a big golf tournament that the men and a few women participated in. When they returned there was a celebration and a handing out of awards. It was fun. This is an annual thing that they are already planning for next year. Saturday and Sunday were more sun filled days (honestly couldn't of asked for a better weekend for weather). The days were filled with boat rides, water splashing fights, and even a painted turtle race! There were so many memories made this past weekend! The girls were great and Barrett had a lot of fun.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a perfect weekend of fun in the sun and family. Your pictures are adorable!!! We can't wait to see you soon. Love, Kristen

Anonymous said...

Tatym has the exact same 4th of July outfit as Lauren! I LOVE the girls in their bikinis, that is just adorable. Great pics of Barrett too, he is so darn handsome. The weather here was gorgeous as well, we were just longing for a lake or pool :)
-Melissa

Jocelyn Edin said...

Too cute! Gotta love being at the lake :)

Anonymous said...

First, I gotta say that I love that you busted out those glases I got 'em! Awesome! :) So cute.

Glad you had such a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Look at those little sun goddesses!! Too cute!! I love the pics and your new hair color...although I must say that I also thought you were stunning slightly brunnette as well :) Hope all is well and can't wait to see you guys soon!! Are you around this weekend?
Love,
Rach