Saturday, April 05, 2008

37 weeks -- Full Term

Well, here we are...full term and still pregnant. They say that most twins are born at 37 weeks and indeed these babies will be here before next weekend. Crazy! Last night I was up for a little over 2 hours with contractions every 3 minutes. I showered, drank water, and nothing was stopping them, but then I feel asleep. I woke up in the morning feeling a little let down, because I was starting to get all excited that today would be the day. Needless to say I have been outside today (the sun is shining and it is so warm for this time of year) doing some walking and gardening and some chasing after Barrett. I am now very sore and need a nap. :) Maybe the activity will spur some more action, though. I know I shouldn't rush things, but the aches are getting to me. Earlier today Barrett climbed into his stroller and I squatted down to boost the seat for him and I couldn't stand back up. Ben had to come over and help me up. :( All in all we have less than a week, so that still is very exciting to think about!!!

5 comments:

Jocelyn Edin said...

Oh my goodness, I can't wait! I gardened and raked all day today too. I have to go to bed I am so sore already!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to meet them! Thinking of you every second - my phone is with me at all times. Hang in there! Xoxo!!

Monica said...

Everytime the phone rings down here I think it's someone calling to say you're headed in! Glad to hear there's gorgeous weather to come home to! See you soon, can't believe they're going to be here in the next week or so!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you and your sis are being productive in your yards. I feel the same as everyone else, I just can't wait!! I still think its crazy that you are having twins, and so good that you have been able to carry them for so long! Love, Melissa

Anonymous said...

Wow! We are so excited for you. We can't wait to get the news that you had the twins (hopefully this week). Britta, you are doing a phenomenal job! :-)