It has been over a week now and my body is still in so much pain. I'm not sure how "normal" any of this is since I have nothing to compare it to, but I keep having to call my dr. about once a day with a new symptom. It all started with my swollen feet and ankles. They were swollen near the end of my pregnancy, but now they are out of control. I can't even wear flip flops. The only shoes that fit are my crocs. When I called the dr. they just told me to keep drinking fluids and the swelling should be gone in about a week or two. Then yesterday I was told I could take my tape off of my incision (this tape that they put on after taking the staples out), so I took the tape off and I noticed that part of my incision was open. After describing the opening to my dr. all she said was that it would heal on its own. Then to top it off, last night we were up with the girls from about 1 am to 6 am. It was during this time (around 3 am) that I felt like I was burning up. I took my temp. and I had a fever of 100.6! I called the dr. (they said anything over 100.4 needs to be of concern) and she said to keep checking it and if the temp persists then I need to go to the ER in the morning. She also wants to have me come in to the office on Monday instead of Friday like scheduled. This morning I took my temp again and the fever seems to be gone (whew). To make it all seem more overwhelming, it still hurts to sit up and move around, my hands hurt (they seem tight and it is hard to open bottles, etc.), part of my stomach is numb all the time (can't feel a thing...it's weird), and I sometimes feel a cool sensation in my back when I bend over. I'm glad that the dr. will see me sooner rather than later, because my instincts are telling me that this all can't be normal c-section recovery. The dr. last night on the hone asked me if I was at my wits end and I said "kind of". Honestly, the stress has nothing to do with taking care of two babies (that is the easy part), but my body seems to be falling apart. That's why I feel at my wits end. I just want my body to feel like it's starting to heal, yet it doesn't. It feels like it is getting worse.
My swollen foot
(Ben told me that people don't want to see my feet, but you can't fully understand until you see them...sorry if you're grossed out by my foot)
4 comments:
Oh Britta, you poor woman!!! Everything sounds terrible and yes, I think a pic of your feet was necessary to share!! I just had Kyle read your post as well and he wanted to make sure you knew that we are sending you lots of love and hope things get better sooner than later. Love, Melissa
I'm not phased by feet at all. :) But I'm sorry things are still so uncomfortable for you. I'm here if you need anything.Foot massage?? :)
Oh no. This sounds awful. My love and best wishes are with you too. Those doctors better take good care of you. It's not all normal c-section stuff.
That doesn't sound like any fun at all. : ( I hope they get it all straightened out on Monday for you. Sending good thoughts your way until then.
Post a Comment