Saturday, February 16, 2008

Barrett's New Room


Barrett's big biy bed and toy storage area.

His bed, again. Uncle Rex's drawing on the wall.

This dresser is from the Spitzley family. Ben worked many hours stripping the old paint off and repainting it again and again. The diapers and wipes will go in one of the top drawers. Maybe we won't need them for long, though. (wishful thinking...I know).

Barrett in his new room!

This is Barrett's new room! We finally got is all finished. Yet, now that I am not supposed to do much around the house, I have decided to not use the changing area in this room because it is slightly higher than his old one. Other than that, all of Barrett's things are now in this room. Barrett even slept in his "big boy" bed for the first time last night. He slept the whole night without a sound! When Ben got up around 6 am though, Barrett heard him and was at his bedroom door ready to come out. He didn't cry or get scared though, he just sort of rattled the door. :) Hopefully all nights go this well! :)
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, I am just picturing him at his bedroom door looking adorable. That is great the first time went so well! The room and Barrett are very cute!! Love, Melissa

Jocelyn Edin said...

Thinking about you all the time. Love Big Bear's new room. Inspires me to get Gwen's ready!

Anonymous said...

Such an awesome room! Very fitting for lil' Barrett. Can't wait for more news. Your family is inspring! Literally.

Keep your strength up! In the home stretch now!

Kate and Matt said...

What an amazing milestone! He really is becoming a big boy Britta!

Anonymous said...

p.s. just a random thought...

when Joss was pregnant, I totally felt like it was a girl, even before she found out. When you were pregnant with Barrett, I totally felt like it was a boy.

Now, I don't have too strong a feeling either way..so I'm thinking it's one of each...

yep, that's what I'm goin' with on this one (these two..) ;)