Saturday, September 08, 2007

Barrett's 1st Birthday and Announcement!





Barrett's first birthday is officially today, but his party was last night. It went off without a hitch and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves, especially Barrett. He handled all the attention great and even stayed up until 10 pm! Even that late he wasn't too cranky with anyone, which was nice. Everyone kept saying "is he always this good?". I tried to remain modest, but yes, he is always that good. I am very lucky.

Barrett got a lot of neat toys, cool looking clothes, and loved the cake! At first he kind of just poked at it, but quickly he learned that he could put his hands right in it. We knew he was finished when he started smashing the cake and cake started flying everywhere! It was funny. Thank you to every one who was able to spend the day with us to celebrate Barrett's birthday.

Barrett's stats @ 12 months:
:::Not sure how much he weighs (dr. appt. Monday), but somewhere around 25-30 lbs.
:::Blonde hair, blue eyes
:::Sucks his right thumb
:::Sleeps through the night (~9pm-7am)
:::Takes two naps a day (one in the morning from 10:30-noon and then another one in the afternoon from 3-5pm)
:::Eats people food throughout the day
:::Transitioning to cow's milk (formula with some cow's milk)
:::Drooling all the time and bad diaper rashes (molars are coming in)
:::Eight teeth
:::Crawling, cruising, and a little bit of walking
:::Beginning to wave
:::Says many sounds, but no distinguishing words, yet
:::Loves to climb everything!!!
:::Getting cuter every day!



Also at the party we announced to most people that we are expecting another baby. Barrett wore the shirt shown in the picture (I ironed on the letters) and most people were shocked, but excited. Yup, two kids under the age of 2 is going to be busy! :)

Finding out I was pregnant again was interesting, because I had taken two pregnancy tests and they both came out negative. My instincts kept telling me something was up, though. My pants felt tight, I wasn't feeling good almost every day, etc. So I waited another week and then took another test and this time it was positive. I came into the other room where Ben was and said "you're going to be a daddy again!". He just hugged me and then got super giddy. He is so excited, as am I.

So some of you now may be wondering how I've been feeling these past two months. I have been very tired and very sick. It is a daily struggle to get through the morning without rushing to the bathroom. The sick feeling also comes back to get me at bedtime. I can't wait for the 2nd trimester! Also, with going back to work, I have been even more tired than normal (plus I have a 1 yr. old who doesn't let me sleep much in the afternoon also). It should be an exhausting winter, but at least I can bundle up in comfy clothes and not worry about being enormously pregnant in the summer like I was last time. :)
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS on #2!!! It will be nice for Barrett to have a sibling close in age. You and Ben will have your hands full, but I'm sure you will handle it with ease. Now you guys are seasoned vets!! :)
Love,
Brooke

Anonymous said...

Good to hear the party was a success....Barrett looks so old in his t-shirt! Enjoy the relaxation over the weekend and hope the sickness ends sooner than later!! Love, Melissa

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited and happy for you! Barrett's new brother or sister is going to be another beautiful wee one.

We had so much fun at your party and watching Barrett devour/demolish his mimi-cake. So cute. :)

Congratulations again!!

xoxo!

Monica said...

It was a great weekend and it was SO wonderful getting to see all the family not one, but two days!! Barrett does look more grown up every time I see him, Rex and I really enjoy the time we get to spend with our niece and nephew, they're so stinkin' cute! Good luck with rounding out this first trimester and I was giggling because you now have two tickers. Too fun!

Jocelyn Edin said...

Two tickers, that is cute! You guys are the best parents and have the best genes, I can't wait for #2! Thanks for taking the pressure off me :) Loved being together for the parties this weekend. Best family eva!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you, Ben..and Barrett!

Barrett by the way is soo cute! First time I saw him out of his baby days..wow!

Abbie said...

Congrats Britta & family! Nice to see you guys on Saturday. Hope you start feeling better very soon! All the best!

Dawn Cooper said...

First off, I want to apologize for us not making it to the party... Bob and I have been in "being together" mode as of late.
Second off, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Britta/Ben I am so very excited and happy for you!!! This is awesome as you two are great people and obviously great parents! You have 2 very lucky children!
Love, Dawn