Last week Barrett went in for his 2 month check up (although he is almost 3 months old). He got his first round of shots and that was so hard on me. They first gave him an oral vaccine, then they held his legs down (I was up by his head) and two nurses gave him a total of three shots in the thighs. It took him a minute to realize what had happened and then he started to cry. It was so hard to take, but he got through it just fine after that. He didn't react strangely at all and he has been a happy baby throughout it all. At that appointment he weighed in at a whopping 17 lbs.! The doctor said that this was above the 95th percentile! He was in the 50th percentile for length, also. Overall the check up went really well.
Last weekend we were busy, too. Friday I got a snow day so I was able to stay home with Barrett (loved it), but then I lost power. I headed over to my in-laws and rode into town with Sue to get Diana's birthday cake. Then on Saturday we had the Lewis' Christmas party during the day and then a work party (Ben's office) at night. Both parties were fun. The evening party has a casino theme so Ben and I got to play a little Blackjack and Hold 'Em. It was a nice "date night". Sue and Del watched Barrett while we were out. Finally, Sunday Erica and Ben had a wedding shower at my dad's. Rex and Jocelyn drove in from out of town, so it was nice visiting with them, too. Ben stayed home and worked on the decorations (we went and got our christmas tree earlier that day). The house was cheery when I returned home later on. Ben did a great job with all the porch decorations! :)
4 comments:
Busy times! The shots are hard on both baby and parent...and there are so many of them!
Nice seeing you this past weekend. The next visit will be Christmas Eve. Fun!
95th percentile, huh? I love all of his cute little rolls though :) Glad you had fun at all the parties!! Love, Melissa
Sounds like last weekend was a busy one for you guys. :) It was fun getting to see you for a bit at the shower. Hopefully we'll be getting all our Christmas decor up before too long, I'm pushing for getting a tree this weeekend! Can't wait to see you all again!
Thank you so much for being a part of our shower. It really meant a lot to us! The outpouring of love is so overwhelming - in a good way!
That little guy gets cuter and cuter, I swear it. He's so alert! You can tell he doesn't want to miss a thing! Very cool. :)
Post a Comment