
The holidays were busy, but I wouldn't have it any other way! :) It all started on the 23rd at Ben's parents house. There was a very festive dinner and then later we opened gifts and played games. The next morning we headed to my dad's house to open gifts and then that afternoon we went up to Saginaw to have Christmas dinner with the family. On the 25th, we woke up in our own home (we wanted to start the tradition of waking up as a family on Christmas morning in our own home) and went to church. After church Ben, Barrett, and I opened gifts and later went to have dinner at Mark and Sheryl's house. After dinner it was a night of games, from Catchphrase to Set Back and even some Cranium. Loved it! On the 26th, we went to lunch with the Uptons, Rachel, and Whitey in DeWitt and then we were off to Whitmore Lake to have an evening with the Edins and Williams. We played some dice and a new Friends game. Evenings like that are always so much fun! :) And to wrap up the festivities, we headed to Grand Haven the next day to have an evening with the Janiczeks, Owens, and Doug. We played more dice and Mad Gab. I thoroughly enjoyed all the games I got to play the past five days!!! Yeah! The past few days we have stayed at home and have enjoyed the relaxation. We have slept in and enjoyed our family time. I think Barrett loved seeing everyone, too. He was a trooper at each place. By the end of it all he was exhausted, too (just like us). He slept a lot on Thursday! He remained such a happy little guy though. Ben and I are always saying how happy he is. He smiles all the time and makes so many coos. He even giggled in a little giggle fit a few days ago. I cracked up. What an awesome baby!
2 comments:
This picture of him is awesome, he is so cute. I loved the time we had with your family and was commenting to Kyle this morning how Barrett is such a great baby. I'm glad you had a few days to relax as a family...Kyle and I have been sleeping in as well as we enjoy our last few days of vacation together. Happy New Year!! Love, Melissa
Sounds like you guys had a pretty packed time too! Barrett is such a handsome little dude, I love his smile. :) Glad that you got a few extra days to hang out as a family together after the holiday rush! It was good to hear from you on New YEars, I can't belive it's 2007! Wow. Happy New Year and hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment