Thursday, November 09, 2006

2 Months Old!!

(Aren't Barrett and Louis so precious in their baptismal gowns?!?)

Barrett turned two months old yesterday! He is already getting so strong and big. He is a good eater and sleeper. He is still waking up one time during the night to eat and get a diaper change, but he goes back to sleep easily afterwards. It could be worse, so I consider myself lucky. He eats 6 times a day plus one time in the middle of the night. He eats primarily breastmilk, yet with my conferences this week, he did need supplemental formula feedings. Developmentally, he likes to try to stand up on your lap, he has a strong grip, he flips over from belly to back easily now, he loves to kick his legs and flail his arms during play time in his gym, and he loves to smile at familiar faces. He continues to make new cooing sounds everyday, which are to the amusement of his father and me. We love 'em. Ben and I could not be happier and could not love Barrett more. He is the best gift we have ever received! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, you sound so happy and that makes me so happy for you :) I have been thinking about you all week and going back to school....and curious if you were able to pump or how it worked out. Can't wait to see you and the family in a couple of weeks, he is getting cuter w/each picture!! Love, Melissa

Jocelyn Edin said...

I'm with Melissa. That was such a sweet post. I still can't believe we are both mamas now. Wow.

Anonymous said...

You're the cutest people ever. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow!-- this is grandma Jojo admiring everything about Barrett--he is just so terrific and doing everything SO SOON! We are so admiring him. Take care--GREAT Gramma Jojo