Okay, so I'm a few days late with this post, but it is all my computers fault!! I apologize for these technical difficulties. Anyway, Barrett's first Halloween was very exciting. First we went to Ben's office for a kiddie parade and this is where I first saw Barrett in his costume (a co-worker of mine gave us the costume). I think it is just the cutest costume ever and Barrett looked so darn cute in it, too! :) After the office event we quickly went home to do a few things and then headed over to Grandpa and Grandma Raineys. They got to see Barrett in costume and we stayed and chatted for a little while. After that we headed to Grandma and Grandpa Spitzleys. We met up with cousin Louis there who was dressed up as a very cute monkey. Together they made quite a cute pair! :) The day was filled with smiles (check out Barrett's big one in the pic above)
Also at the Spitzleys we weighed Barrett (he hasn't been weighed since he was a week old) and Grandpa Delbert found Barrett to weigh about 15 lbs. now. Then Grandpa Del measure Barrett and Barrett was about 24 inches long. He's quite the growing boy! Barrett's also making a lot of new sounds which are really cute and he seems to be spitting up less (except when given the occassional bottle of formula). He still wakes up once a night, which may cause some sleepy days for me here soon because I go back to work on Monday. I have mixed feelings about that. On one hand I am ready to go back. I miss the students and the routine of the school day (and I'm a bit stir crazy at home), yet on the other hand I love my time with Barrett. But, alas, reality calls and I must go back to work. I am heading in today to get some things around for my day back (Ben's going to come home early and take care of Barrett) and hopefully I'll get a lot accomplished. Wish me luck!
7 comments:
Britta! You go back to work on Monday? Oh good luck hon. Now, who is going to take care of him while you are working? Kate
How incredibly cute! Britta, you and Ben have such a beautiful little boy! Good luck with work. I'm sure it won't be fun leaving BabyB, especially for work, blahhh. At least you have more to look forward to when coming home! Dawn
Thanks girls! Yup, I'm getting really sad about leaving him but he is going to be watched by Ben's Aunt Sheryl so at least it is family. :)
Good Luck with going back to school and enjoy these last couple of days. :) I know Sara Pohl talked about how hard the night before the first day back was, but she says that once you get there it's sad but gets easier. On a more fun note, Barrett makes for a really cute bumble bee, he's getting so big! Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!!! :)
Best of luck! Can't wait to visit again and see all the crazy progress! I still can't believe it was almost two months ago.
Hey Britta, just emailed you but thought I would post to reiterate how darn cute Barrett is!! Love, Melissa
Yep, it'll be okay. Dawn made a great point. I think working mothers probably appreciate their time with their kids even more because they get less of it. See you and that beautiful baby bzzzzy B soon!
Post a Comment