
This past weekend Ben and I spent time in Greenville and up north at my family cottage. It was a great time with family and many got to feel the baby kick for the first time (the picture is of my brother and sister feeling the baby kick). It was exciting!! The weather was hot, so much of the time I spent in the water (either floating on a tube or playing deck tennis). It was wonderful and I felt refreshed by the end of the long weekend.
School ends in a week, so I have been busy finishing up things there. The students are definitely ready for summer and are restless. I am ready for summer, yet I still need to finalize my summer grad courses. One is supposed to start next week, but I haven't heard any news about that, so I have some phone calls to make.
As far as baby things go, my next doctor's appointment is June 14th. A few days before this I have to drink the glucose drink to test for gestational diabetes and they will also test for anemia. Ugh! More blood must be taken! So much blood is taken in this entire process! After this appointment, I will move on to having appointments every two weeks (this is when I begin the third trimester). At the end of the month, Ben and I begin our Prenatal classes, also.
Finally, my co-workers recently threw me a baby shower and then the following week my students threw me a baby shower. It was so much fun having all the people show all their excitment for this baby. Everyone definitely made me feel special. It was great! :)
5 comments:
You are adorable. I was just thinking today how darn cute this baby is going to be. You and Ben have perfect genes for a kewpie doll! Good luck wrapping up school. Love you.
oh my god that is so sweet that people could feel the baby kick for the first time i'm so happy for you cant wait for me to be able to feel the baby kick.luz amanda Huss
Britta, you make me miss you guys so much!! I hate that I am missing EVERYTHING of your pregnancy :( I was just telling Maureen that you were about to start your final tri-mester (I guess I never told her you were pregnant..oops). I just can't believe how time flies!! Good luck with all the appointments and tell Ben that Kyle and I said HI and we miss you both!!
Love, Melissa
Last night I had a dream that I was in a room with you, Ben, and your new baby boy "Simpson." You had had it over a month early and none of us were there for it. I said, "Why didn't you call me?!" and all you could say was it happened too quickly. The baby was cute and bald, about a week old and you and Ben were feeding it a bowl of oatmeal. Dreams are so funny!!!
hey mrs.spitzley hope that you are having a great summer . i have been haveing fun it's great so ya you need to have lot's of pic's on your page as your baby get's bigger i'm so happy it's just to great to be true . and i'm sure that you and ben will have a r eally cute baby also so he has to be happy about that. i so wish that you knew what you were going to have but ya so i guess i go and i wish you and ben the best wishes luz mandy huss. and by the way the pound is looking great good job ben.
Post a Comment