Monday, May 01, 2006

Puerta Vallarta


Our trip to Puerta Vallarta was great!!! It went by too fast (like most vacations do), but we sure had a lot of fun while we were there. The weather was perfect everyday and my belly even seemed to become pregnant looking while we were there!! We got down there on Wednesday and still had time to get some sun, which was nice. Then on Thursday, Ben and Jeff went on the Canopy Tour (rip-cording through the jungle), while the rest of us did some little shopping and got some more sun. Friday we all went on a snorkeling trip to the Mariatas Islands. On the way to the islands, Ben, Renee and I all got sick (no fun...). When we finally reached the islands, Ben seemed to recover pretty well and managed to go snorkeling with the group, but Renee and I stayed back. The water was pretty rough looking, so I thought that I would not have the energy to snorkel in that kind of situation. I don't think I missed much. We took some great photos on this island, too, which will be great to hang on the wall. Saturday, the group (excluding myself) went to downtown Puerta Vallarta to do some shopping and sightseeing. I stayed behind (my ankles were swollen from the two previous days) and laid out in the sun!! I loved the relaxation! Sunday we spent the entire day traveling home. We travelled with Jeff and Renee and at our connector flight in Dallas, we had to go through customs. We were very short on time and just made it to our flight. We lost Jeff and Renee at customs, so Ben got on the plane and tried to stall putting his luggage up and I got us all food and tried to stall the plane some more...to no avail. They were even calling "Britta Spitzley...Last call" and told me that my friends were not going to make the flight...ugh! So needless to say I felt horrible about this, but I guess the Owen's got on a later flight (though having to wait 4-5 more hours in Dallas...sorry guys). So that was a crazy event to end the trip. Overall, the food was excellent and the company was better!! We will definitely need to do another trip in the future. Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look great!!! So nice and tan and very fit with the belly :) I'm jealous since I stopped fake baking to save money (and my skin) I think I am whiter than I have been in my entire life....but our apartment pool is hopefully opening soon. Great talking to you Britta....it makes me miss everyone though. Have a good week!
Love, Melissa

Jocelyn Edin said...

Britta, I agree, so pretty and pregnant in that blue dress! How nice for you guys to get away before the baby comes. Can't wait to see more pics and try to imagine myself there.

Melissa, I am so glad you are giving your skin a break! You can't be more pale than me!!! You'll catch right back up come summer.

Monica said...

I'm glad to hear the trip was so much fun and I really want to hear about the rip cording through the jungle! Bummer about the snokeling, but all in all it sounds like it was an amazing trip. Back to the home front, how's the pond looking? Can't wait to see everyone, hopefully May will fly by! I miss the cabin!!!

Melissa,
I totally agree with Joss, you can't be paler than me either. :) But with your pool opening soon you'll be nice and tan before too long. How's the house hunt? It took us forevvvvver to find one, but we finally did. Yay! :)

Anonymous said...

Britta! You are beautiful! The blue dress is perfect. What a nice time in Puerta Vallarta with all of the friends. How is everything else?

Anonymous said...

oops, forgot to leave my name. Kate