Tuesday, May 09, 2006

23 Weeks


It has been awhile since I last posted a belly shot, so here you go. I definitely have a preggo belly now!!! Strangers now notice the belly and I am already being told that it looks like a basketball and that it is all belly. I'm glad to hear that! :) I hope they're right. No stretch marks on the belly, yet, but they say that they can start to show up any week now, if they are going to show up.

As for the development of the baby, the baby currently weighs just over a pound and is more than 11 inches long. Blood vessels are developing in the lungs to prepare the baby for breathing and the baby can now swallow (hiccups are common in babies so those could begin to happen also). Eyelids, eyebrows, and eyes are in place and developed as well as the baby's lips and teeth buds (which are underneath the gums). It is all such a miracle!!

In a final note, I have been feeling the baby move/kick for about 5 weeks now, but just last week Ben was able to finally get a feel!!! Yea!! He keeps trying to feel more movements, but the movements are still unpredictable (although it does move a lot more often...I just don't know quite when it will happen). I am excited for the movements to get more noticeable to everyone else so that others can feel the movements, too. Last night I laid down on the couch and I felt the entire baby on my left side and then I had to gently push it back in the middle...it was wild!! I hear from others that this definitely gets more and more noticeable...I can't wait!
 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Britta! Kyle and I both agree that you look great! So nice and tan and healthy......and of course the "preggo glow." It sounds like you are enjoying the pregnancy right now. I can't imagine "pushing" the baby around in my belly. Keep up the fun posts!! Love, Melissa

Jocelyn Edin said...

You're so pretty! I love you.