Monday, March 27, 2006

Updating the Spare Bedrooms

Ben and I spent last weekend painting and tearing out carpet in the two spare bedrooms (with the help of our friend, Jeff). One room is going to be a guest room and the other is, of course, going to be the nursery. The guest room has a nice mauve color on the walls now (it used to be baby blue with superman blue carpet). The nursery now has a light green color (it used to be a pale purple with bright purple carpet). We chose our nursery color based on the nursery bedding that we chose for the room. Check it out at our registry. The new carpet gets put in on April 6th, so in preparation for that we had to tear out the old carpet and the padding. So right now the rooms are bare, but they have beautiful wall colors!! :) It is amazing how much the hallway and rooms echo with out carpet and stuff in them, though! Once the rooms are finished I will post pics (I am still waiting to post pics of the 80's party, too).

As for everything else, I have parent/ teacher conferences this week so I'll be pulling some long days which I am not looking forward to. I get so tired by 4 pm already (although I can't complain because I know I have it easier than some other pregnant women). Next week I have spring break, so I'll be able to relax and enjoy some time off then. Ben, on the other hand, is super busy at work and has been pulling long hours for awhile now. We both agree that it is better to be busy now then when it starts to get really nice outside. We are both looking forward to our Mexico trip which is at the end of April. That should help to relax us both! :)

5 comments:

joanne said...

I can't believe I went to your blogspot just 7 minutes after tou posted your message!!! Thinking of you, of course, and so glad to hear that all is going well even though you are tired. That is natural as you know. Boob is going to try to send you a message--good luck!! Love you---Jojo

joanne said...

where in the world is your registry/ wE DEFINITELY ARE INTERESTED! By the way--I meant Bob, not Boob!!! Jojo

Britta said...

JoJo...our registry is at Babies R Us. There is a link on the blogspot that taks you right to it. Let me know if that doesn't work. Love, Britta

Jocelyn Edin said...

Ok, I'm about to spit up my milk from laughing so hard at G.Boob!!! :) Can't wait to see your updated rooms Brit. And, can't wait to see you!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the bedrooms (and the house one day in person) once they are all finished. As Kyle and I were house-shopping we evaluated all the work that would need to be done in the houses for us to live there--it can be overwhelming. Its good you have such a big strong man as a husband :) Good luck with parent-teacher conferences, I know those can be stressful. Love, Melissa