This past weekend my friends got together and had an 80's party for Matt Upton's 30th Birthday!! It was great. Kate and Matt flew in for the event (well, obviously since it was his birthday) and many other good friends were there. Everyone was dressed to the theme (punk rockers, mullet haired men, short shorts on the men, pegged pants, side ponytails were all the rage). I will post pictures soon. They are classic!! :)
As for an update on other things...Animal Control made a stop in a few days ago (ugh, ugh). I guess one of our neighbors said she was running in their yard and getting into their trash. The trash part is not cool, but as for running in their yard...it is the country for goodness sake. We have other dogs in our yard all the time...who cares. They just gave us a warning, but said that if they had to come back we would get a huge fine. So needless to say we have been tying her up more (except she got out last night and was out all night). Hopefully we will not have Animal Control over again for that! :(
We also went and bought new (well, remnant) carpet a few days ago for the two spare bedrooms. On top of that we bought paint for the walls. We will be updating the rooms to a nursery and a guest bedroom. They will look great when we are finished. We also have registered for our nursery bedding (all chosen by Ben himself!). I can't wait to get started on the rooms (although my stampin' will be officially moved to the basement). 'Til next time!
5 comments:
I can't wait to see the 80s party pics! Bummer we missed it, but we had lots of work to do on our house. There's still more but we're almost there!
So cool that you're updating the bedrooms. You'll be glad you did and I'm sure it'll look fantastic. I'll call you soon to catch up. Love you!
It was so nice seeing you Britta. My favorite part of the night was dancing with you, Ben, and Hank. I love Hank, and I can't wait for baby to call me aunt Kate!
well, the 80's are always a good time. it sounds like you two had a blast, can't wait to see every one next weekend!! :) Monica
Monica...Joss and Jacob needed to switch weekends...got the call last night. Does that screw things up at work?? They want to switch to April 8th. Let me know.
Britta
Sounds like you guys had fun....was it weird being the "sober one?" Isn't the Mexico trip coming soon? It will be nice for you to get away and relax. I'm excited to see the 80's pictures, because you know that I LOVE THE 80'S!! Great to hear things continue to go well. Love,
Melissa
Post a Comment