Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Start of the 2nd Trimester!

Today marks the beginning of the second trimester!!! The possibility of a miscarriage now goes way down, so that is a relief! Whew! I am still tired and sometimes I still don't feel god, but I am hanging in there. I hear that the second trimester is the best part of pregnancy. Bring it on...I am definitely ready to feel better!

My next doctor's appointment is not until March 10th. It's just a monthly check-up, but I will get to hear the baby's heartbeat again. I love it everytime! I'm still in shock over this whole thing, but it is sinking in more and more each day. Jocelyn and I joked last weekend about the idea of pregnancy this past weekend. We both agreed that the common feeling was shock and that the shared phrase at this stage of the game is "So I'm pregnant...at least that's what they tell me!". This is because at this point it all still feels so unreal and to think that there is going to be a wee-one in 6 months, blows my mind a little bit (don't get me wrong, I am happy, excited, etc., but it is still such an amazing thing).

I'll keep you posted on how the doctor's appointment goes. Until then...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It still seems a bit unreal for me too, Britta, especially because the next time I see you your belly will be quite apparent! It hasn't completely set in how times are changing....but of course for the good :) I hope the 2nd trimester comes with your energy returning and you feeling great! Kyle and I think about you and Ben and baby Spitzley often!!
Love, Melissa

Jocelyn Edin said...

Guess what? ... You're pregnant!!! It is a strange, magical thing. Having your second trimester in the spring is perfect, you will begin to bloom along with the spring bulbs :) And, you'll have more energy to enjoy the warmer, sunny days. Those are coming soon, right?

Anonymous said...

Well, glad to hear everything is on track and going great. :) So bummed we missed the cabin this weekend but hopefully we can see everyone sometime soon! It does seem a bit surreal, when Joss was preggers it really didn't sink in until the belly was there, and even then it was hard to imagine. I'm just so happy for you two, and joss and jacob..it's an amazing thing. :)
Lots of Love,
Monica (& Rex)

Anonymous said...

Well, Britta---Patti just left and loved seeing your blog and all the good stuff! Loved reading your blog---isn't it fun to keep everybody posted this way?? Hope you feel better soon--you will, for sure. Hope you can post pics of the baby taken at your Mar 10 app't. You TAKE CARE, love, Jojo