Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

Memorial Day Weekend 09

**Click on the above picture to see more from the trip.**

This past weekend we headed north to spend some time with family on the lake. It was our first major travel with our new minivan and we did manage to fill it to the max! It was a nice way to travel though, especially with the DVD player on the way up. As you can tell from the picture we didn't need it on the way home, though. What a fun, yet exhausting weekend! :)

We left Friday morning, but after having to stop for lunch we didn't arrive at the cabin until about 2:30 pm. When we arrived we had to go next door to get the key and low and behold some of the Williams crew were already there and sunbathing! :) So needless to say we stayed a bit and chatted. I too had to go grab my suit, because the weather was just too good to pass up the chance of getting some rays. Then Saturday and Sunday were filled with lots of games and sunbathing. There was a big family dinner Sunday night, too. Monday we managed to fit in a pontoon boat ride (although it was very chilly out on the lake!) before heading for home. It was so much fun to be up north. I hope to spend some more extended time up there this summer (sorry Ben...he'll have to stay home and work...ahhh the life of a teacher!). We headed home around 2 pm with some runny noses and bug bites, but it was all well worth it! :)

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Great pics, Britta!! I have such good memories from the cabin. :-)

Monica said...

Loving the great cabin pictures! I've been anxiously awaiting them, and they were worth the wait. Looks like you guys had an awesome weekend up north. The mini van looks like a much better way to cruise too! :)

Melissa said...

That picture of the three kids sleeping in the car makes me very jealous. Tatym has a personal rule that she won't let herself sleep in the car, only crying, so our drive home was not as peaceful. SO great to spend some time w/you and your kids this weekend. I love watching our three girls "play" together!
-Melissa

Jocelyn Edin said...

Ok, so you totally cropped your Conan photo. The boobs were the best! And we both kindly skipped over the funniest story of the weekend, "your own personal hell" I have to remember that because it cracks me up every time I think about it!