Monday, February 23, 2009

And it all started with a little dirt...


This past weekend was great. Although my kids kept me busy cleaning I had a great weekend. It all started when I thought Ben was watching the girls, but he was actually changing Barrett's diaper. When he was done he told me that I should check on the girls and to my surprise they had both gotten into the potted plants! Raina wasn't dirty, but Lauren was covered in it and it appeared that she may have even eaten a little bit! Yuck!

Then Sunday morning as we were getting ready to go to the GR Museum, Barrett decided that it would be fun to paint his face with my lipstick. He also thought it would be fun to open my vanity drawer and "color" everything in it! Lipstick is pretty much impossible to clean, but it sure was funny. Afterwards, we headed off to the museum with most of Ben's family. A new dinosaur exhibit had just opened up and we thought that Barrett would get a kick out of it. For the most part he loved it (especially the digging of fossils...rice covered bones), but the t-rex and the graphic hunting scene did startle him a bit. One dinosaur even moved and appeared to look at him...he decided to then take a few steps back. We toured the museum and the headed back to the in-laws for dinner. It was a very nice day with family.

Dinosaurs at GR Museum 2.22.09


Click on picture above to look at more pictures.

4 comments:

Monica said...

Looks like you guys had a fun trip to the museum. That's such a great one and the exhibits they have for kids are wonderful!

Jen Bowerman said...

Hey Britta! Thanks for your comment on my blog - I've been a "silent follower" on yours for a while now.;) Glad to see you are as happy (and busy!) as ever. Jen B

Melissa said...

I love the story about the girls in the dirt and Barrett in your make-up. Hope he didn't ruin too much! And what a nice little Sunday you had at the museum....such a cute family :)
-Melissa

Unknown said...

DUDE! Your kids are too damn cute, B!! And getting so big!! I'll have to come visit soon!