Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Some of My Favs


Lauren

Raina

"Super" Barrett

Aunt Jocelyn with the girls (Raina on left and Lauren on right)

This past week and weekend was very enjoyable to say the least. Jocelyn came over from Wednesday until Saturday to help with housework and taking care of the girls. She wanted to help out where she could. She also helped get the house ready for the "meet the twins" party that was on Saturday. I didn't take any pics of the party (and actually the above pics are Jocelyn's, too), so you'll have to check out Jocelyn's blog to see party pics. The party was wonderful. A lot of people came by to meet the girls. We definitely felt the love and everyone was so kind and generous. It was great for me, too, to get out of the house and visit with people for a while. This party also allowed for several people to help out with the girls, so that was nice, too. I didn't have to do most of the diaper changes that day! That really is saying a lot since we go through diapers like it's going out of style. I forgot to mention that earlier that day Trina and I went over to my co-worker's house and went through a bunch of her daughters' baby clothes. She had twin girls a year ago, so there was double of most of the clothes and the seasons line up with my girls. We felt like we hit the jackpot! We left with so many clothes...I think I need another dresser for the girls' room! :) Girl clothes are just way too cute!

Sunday (Mother's Day) was a rainy day, so Ben and I lounged around (as best we could with 3 kids) and tried to fit in a few naps. During breakfast I left the room for a minute and when I came back Barrett was holding a card and saying "momma". It was so cute. It was a card from the kids and Ben for Mother's Day. I cried, because it was so sweet. We have quite the amazing family! Later that day we headed over to Bob and Sandy's for dinner and to visit with family. It was a nice relaxing day.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy the party was a success and way to go scoring all the baby clothes!! Yes, girls clothes are so adorable. It sounds like you are starting to feel a little better....is the infection all cleared up? I think about the number of dirty dipaers you have to change each day and I can't even imagine. That is the NOT FUN parts of having babies :)
Love, Melissa

Jocelyn Edin said...

Those are my favorite pics too! Loved being there and helping you. The party was so fun, great family and friends! Looking forward to more time together next weekend :)

Monica said...

I was wonderful to get to hang out and see you and the family again. : ) The new walk way looks amazing, and it was such a good time! Hope to see you all again soon.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the new header.....your sis is so talented!! -Melissa

Anonymous said...

Hi Britta! It was great talking to you yesterday and it sounds like you and your family are doing fantastic. I love the new pictures of the girls - they are beautiful. I also love the new design of your site! Have a great Memorial Day weekend! Love, Kristen