Friday, October 05, 2007

Sweet Gus


I have some sad to news to pass along. I got a call from dad and Katrina Tuesday night and they told me that they have to put Gus down sooner rather than later, according to the vet. Gus had gotten some blood work back and it looks as though his liver is failing and soon to follow will be his kidneys. Wednesday night many of us gathered at the Rainey house to hang out with Gus one last time. Dad and Katrina are not quite sure when they will take Gus in, but it will probably be soon. It was a bitter sweet night, as Gus is more than just a dog to all of us. Gus is one last link to our mother since it was she (along with me) that went and got Gus one day. Gus has had a good long life and he will be missed very much. It is hard to explain all the sadness I am feeling about the upcoming day....awe poor Gus. He's been quite a wonderful dog! I will post again with an update when I can.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Animals really do become more than just pets. There's a reason I call myself 'mama' when I talk to my pups.

I don't know Gus even close to what you guys do, but I he's been a sweet, loving dog and such a loyal companion to your dad.

I'm sorry for all your sadness. Keep smilin'.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. Kyle said he remembers when you got Gus, and he is sorry for the loss as well. I know how special pets are, since Max is such a huge part of our lives!! We'll be thinking of you. Love, Melissa

Monica said...

He's an amazing animal. All the stories I've heard from Rex along the years and from getting to know Gus too, he will truly be missed.

Anonymous said...

Oh B, I'm sorry. Hang in there, and know that I'm thinking of you.
K