Tuesday, October 16, 2007

12 Weeks

Everything is going great! We went to the doctor today and they did another ultrasound to make sure everything was still going well and that the babies heartbeats were looking good. The babies are looking great, which is a huge relief now that we are past the 12 week marker. As many of you already know the risk of miscarriage now goes way down. Whew! Below is a new ultrasound picture of the babies. Twin B is on the top and twin A is on the bottom. The doctor did confirm that they are fraternal twins, so there is a possibility that we could get one of each gender. We go to the doctor again in one month and they scheduled us for another ultrasound. All of these ultrasounds are just to check on the babies' hearts, since it would be too difficult to find both early on with just the doppler thing.



As for how I've been feeling, it's been a rollercoaster. Every day I go from feeling not so good to good to not so good again. I get headaches off and on and I have been non-stop stuffed up since school started. I am also really tired, but that seems to be subsiding somewhat. I have to snack throughout the day and not do big meals, because stuffing myself makes me feel so sick (which is different from the overstuffed feeling when you're not pregnant). Overall I am feeling good and hanging in there. I do have a little baby bump already and I know some of you are anxious to see it, but I'm going to wait until I am 14 weeks. That is when I first started showing the belly last time, so I can't seem to get myself to show it any sooner than that. You're going to have to be patient! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Britta - omg. You have two babies in your belly!! (Like you needed reminding, I know) Even when I see it it's hard to believe! :)

So glad to hear that everything is going well and everyone is healthy and happy, even if you're still experiencing all those physical "joys" of being preggo. :) Gosh, it's all so incredible..but exciting!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad everything continues to look good! It must be nice to be able to get ultrasounds more often, since I think seeing the baby is even better than just hearing the heartbeat!!

I GUESS I can wait two more weeks to see the belly....but you only had one baby when you showed us at 14 weeks, since you have two you should definitely start taking pics earlier :)

Thanks for the update and hope that your energy continues to increase and you keep feeling better!! Love, Melissa

Monica said...

Glad to hear everything is on track and going well with the babies. : ) Congrats on finishing up the first trimester, and hopefully the roller coaster of ups and downs will start to even out a bit. Have a great week and see you one of these days!

Dawn Cooper said...

Oooohhhhh, another boy and a girl! I'll be praying you'll have one of each (or two girls)... That way you aren't overtaken by testosterone! Again, I'm so happy for you! I hope things start to get better for you. I can barely stand feeling run down and such as I am, I can't even imagine how it would feel to throw in being preggo! Maybe one day though! Take care Brit and make sure that man of yours continues to take care of you =)

Jocelyn Edin said...

I'm with Erica. Those were my exact thoughts. OMG, two babies!! Don't look into college tuition because it will freak you out. I just did that and I only have one!

Love you.