Well, I'm sad to let everyone know that Gus was put down yesterday evening. His liver was failing fast and there was nothing they could do. The doctor's also believed there to be a tumor. My sweet father had to be the one to take Gus in. I think he is having the hardest time out of everyone. Gus was my father's constant buddy through all the highs and very low lows these past 12 years. Gus will now join my mother and be her buddy until we all meet up again. We will miss you Gus.
7 comments:
I'm sorry, but that made me get very teary-eyed. It's so hard loosing a family member, even if it is just a dog. They become apart of us, especially when they lick away the tears. But now your mom has a pet to play with again! She has a piece of you now that he is with her.
I am really sad today! I loved that fluffy, little, dingle-berry doggie! :(
Alright, Joss's blog gave me a lump and your blog pushed out the tear. Yes, your mom has her puppy w/her now in heaven, yet I know it still has to be hard to be w/out him on Earth. :( Love, Melissa
It was really sad news to hear yesterday. : ( Hope you're hanging in there okay, and I like to think that Gus really is running around and hanging out with your mom now. It makes it a little easier to think about. : )
**I meant to say , I like to think that too about Gus hanging out with your mom now. : )
He really did have an amazing life, and was surrounded by so much love. I agree with everyone, I think your mom is happy to have her pup again.
We truly adored Gus from the minute we saw him in Christy's arms when she had just aquired him. He was great for her---and us!! And he's with her now! lOVE, JOANNE
Post a Comment