Wednesday, September 19, 2007

We're Having TWINS!!!


Okay, so I can hardly believe it myself, but indeed we are having TWINS! Ben and I went to the doctor today and went through the normal routine. We were almost out the door and the doctor asked us if we had any last minute questions. I told her about my questioning the due date. She requested an ultrasound right then. The technician came in to do the ultrasound and Ben and I were simply excited to see "the" baby. "The" baby was measuring small, so I jokingly asked "There's only one, right?" and the technician replied "yes, but I think I saw a cyst on your ovary". The technician proceeded to find this "cyst" and then just stared at the screen. Ben and I both repeatedly said "What?" with no reply, until she said "I'm sorry I just told you that there was one, because there is actually another one". We were beyond words at this point...oh my goodness!!!! Three kids under the age of 2!!!! This is a lot to take in! Well, needless to say, our due date was pushed to April 26th, but keeping in mind that we will deliver at least 2 weeks before that date. Crazy I know! The ultrasound picture shows the two babies. The top pic actually shows the two sacs, too. The doctor said that they both look great with good, strong heartbeats!! All is well.
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAAAAAAAYYYYYY BRITTTTTAAAAAAA.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

p.s. love your new two-baby ticker!!

Dawn Cooper said...

Holy CRAP!!!! A second CONGRATS needs to go out to you two!!!! How exciting and scary (knowing you'll have 2 babies to take care of, not just one)!!! Triple the fun, double the trouble. I am SOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG! I couldn't close my mouth while reading your blog entry! Congratulations!!

Unknown said...

YEY!!! I'm still so excited! After I spoke to you last night I had to check out the blog to see the ultrasound pics!! SOOOOOOOOO cute!!! I can see the second sac in the first one, but are the pics of two different babies or the same baby? I can never read these things!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYY!!! So excited for you guys!!!!!! Can't wait to meet the new two!!!!

Jocelyn Edin said...

I'm still in shock and am telling anyone who will listen to me about it! I already have a good lead on a double stroller, but then I thought... are you going to need a triple stroller for all your kiddies?! teehee

(We can laugh now, right?)

I love you and will be there whenever I can to help. Count me in for one week of nanny-time after they arrive!

Monica said...

Ditto to the ticker comment. And yeah, SOOOOOOOOO excited for you both!!!!! I think I've been bouncing around since I heard the news. Twins! Okay, wow again and congrats! I love the ultrasound, it's just too cool.
: )

Anonymous said...

Sorry - had to comment again...

TWO BABIES!

:)
:)
:)

Anonymous said...

I just received an email from Jocelyn informing me of your news. I actually yelled "whoa!" rather loudly in my office (loudly enough to attract attention from my neighbors). Double congrats! Your going to be a busy girl! Whoa!
-Anne

Anonymous said...

So... boy/boy, girl/girl, or boy/girl???? Are you going to find out, or do you want to be surprised even more!?!?!

Anonymous said...

Wow....10 posts...I think that is a record!! I'm w/Joss, I also am telling my co-workers about the news, not that they have any interest in some random girl named Britta, but I just keep thinking about it!! Like I told you last night, I think it all will be crazy fun! Love, Melissa

Abbie said...

You go girl! VERY exciting. Your 3 children are lucky to have such great parents. You guys will have so much fun!

Dawn Cooper said...

Again, Congrats!! I'm sure you will have a million people wanting to help out, but if there is absolutely anything you two need, or need help on, now or in the future, Bob and I are there to help out... {Before he started his company, he was a carpenter... he can get anything done ;) }

Anonymous said...

Still can't believe it. Every day Matt and I are like, oh-my-gosh, Britta is having twins! Can't wait to see you and catch up! Kate