Barrett is 11 months old today! I know I say this every month, but time really does fly. His first birthday is right around the corner. Amazing! Ben and I were talking last night about those first few months. It's hard to put it into words, but it is crazy to think about how things have changed so much in the past year. Ben summed it up the best by saying "Barrett's just awesome". Of course, I agree. :)
Here are Barrett's stats at 11 months:
::Drinks formula from a sippy cup about 4-5 times a day
::Eats three solid meals a day
::Sucks his right thumb when sleepy
::Makes lots of noises, loves to squeel when tickled
::Took his first step two days ago and continues to take a few here and there
::Takes two naps a day (one around 10 am and another around 3 pm)
::Sleeps through the night (9 pm to 8 am)
::Gets into everything; crawls into stools and boxes; climbs the plant stand like it is stairs
::Loves taking toys and banging them together (he loves to change toys up to make different sounds)
::Dances to music all the time
::Loves to lay on his belly in the bathtub and kick and hit the water (splashes all over). He also goes over the the slanted part of the tub and uses it as a slide.
::Loves to listen to stories being read to him
::Loves pushing buttons on remotes, toys, cell phones, telephones, computers, etc.
::Loves animals (although I don't think they love him, yet)
::Hasn't said any distiguishing words yet, although he seems to say more of the "mamamama" around me and the "dadadadada" around Ben. One time he did clap his hands towards Ben and said "daeee". It was really close.
::Crawls everywhere and cruises all the time.
::He weighs somewhere around 25 lbs.
Well, my college grad classes wrapped up on Monday, so now I have a few weeks before schools starts back up. I'm loving all this time I have with my son and will really miss it when I have to go back to the grind. :(

5 comments:
I am so impressed w/the sleeping! That must be so nice for you and Ben :) Can't wait to see him soon! Love, Melissa
YAY on being done with summer classes!! :) I finished Monday too and am LOVING no homework until it starts up the 27th...I love Barrett's stats, especially the bathtub ones, I can just imagine him sliding down the back of the tub. Too funny.
Hi Britta! It is fun reading about Barrett's milestones. I can't believe that we'll be there with Daniel in 7 mos.! Looks like you are enjoying the summer---can't even imagine that school is right around the corner. Ugh!
I'm not sure what it is about the first picture, but he looks so freakin' grown up! Almost a yearrrrr. Omg. :)
Can't wait for the part-ay.
Hi there--oh my is he ever terrific! We will see you and him soon---at the wedding for sure! Can hardly wait! Jojo
Post a Comment