
This past weekend was a busy one. Barrett's teeth are slowly coming in as you can see in the picture. This means he's still drooling a lot and chewing on his hands. He can get quite messy at times with all the drool and spit up, but it's all right. I just have to do more laundry, that's all. :)
Then yesterday Ben cleared off our pond so we could do some skating. We bundled up Barrett and headed out. We skated for about 10 minutes and then said we were too sore to continue. It was cold for Barrett, too. My old ice skates didn't fit, so I had to use hockey skates. I did not like the way they felt, either. It was fun to do some skating again though, because it sure had been awhile.
After that we got packed up and headed to the local hotel. Sheryl had rented out the Hospitality Suite, so several people came and swam a bit. It was Barrett's first time in the water. At first he was unsure and fussed some, but after a while he warmed up to the idea. It was great to swim around with him. I can't wait for summer!!
Today, Barrett and I are a little sick. We're coughing and stuffed up. Ah, the cold. I'm glad I have the day off. Hopefully we'll be better tomorrow.

4 comments:
baby's first swim!! that's the cutest!
so glad you had such a good weekend. i'm jealous..i wanna go swimming!! :)
Wow, he looks so old in the pic w/Ben, and so cute in his swimsuit!! The mommy/baby pictures are great, you too look so happy together!! Love, Melissa
Looks like you had the best of both worlds this weekend, a pool to swim in and a pond to skate on! I haven't been skating yet this winter, I miss it. I hope we can work out a cabin weekend, I'll have my schedule for the whole month of March sometime in the next week or so. :)
Your spring break plans sound sweet, next year we line up with the grade school's spring break because I'll be student teaching....could it be another mass break with everyone? That would ROCK...okay I've babbled enough, catch you later! :)
Yay, swimming and skating. Boo, coughs and sniffles. Great photos!
Post a Comment