Saturday, June 24, 2006
Test Results Update
I just realized that I haven't updated you about the recent test results for gestational diabetes and anemia. I found out earlier this week that I was negative for both (meaning that I do not have either). This is great news!! The doctor was even surprised that I didn't have anemia, because it is so common in pregnant women. It's a huge relief though because I heard that the pills they put you on when you have it cause constipation (even worse than it already is)! Yuck! Also during my appointment they found high amounts of protein in my urine and they said that it could be a sign of preeclampsia, so they sent me to get another urinalysis a few days later. I also got those test results in and I am negative for that, too. I am very relieved about that since my sister recently had that and I know how she suffered. I guess the doctors are still running another test to check for infection, but I was told that I was looking okay since the initial test came back negative. I am not too worried about it. That's it for now. I go back to the doctor in about two weeks to meet with a nurse practitioner and we will discuss a great deal of topics ranging from when to go to the hospital to infant feeding. It will be very informative and an eye opener to the reality of things. And on a final note, Ben and I start our prenatal classes this Wednesday, so hopefully we can start to get a feel for what is in store for us. I am excited to get those underway! Tomorrow is another baby shower (my sister is throwing it for me at my home) and I cannot wait to see all my family and friends. I will post pictures as soon as I can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thanks for the update on the tests, I have been wondering and thought maybe no news meant bad news you didn't want to share.....so phew!! Hope the shower was a success.....we sent a gift that should be arriving very soon!! Love, Melissa
that's great to hear i'm happy that your ok good luck with every thing still hope that your still having a great summer hope you and ben are doing great have fun and your land look's great luz
amanda huss
Britta! It was so nice to see you and slumber party at Joce's. You look beautiful, and it was great to catch up with you and how you are feeling about everything. Kate
Post a Comment