I am currently 27 weeks 6 days and officially entering the third trimester! Wow, the second trimester really flew by!! School wrapped up last week and summer break is now upon me. I have a conference every day this week though, so I do not really feel like I am on break yet. I was also suppose to begin grad classes this week, but they have postponed the start of classes until August (it is a two-year program that will continue throughout the school year). So beginning next week I will have plenty of time to clean the house for the upcoming shower (june 25th) and prepare for the arrival of the little one. I can't wait to have the time, yet I fear that the summer will feel very long.
As for the development of the baby, it currently weighs approximately 2.5 pounds and is almost 15 inches long!! The baby can now open and close its eyes (which now have lashes) and it kicks a lot!! As for the doctor appointments, I had to drink the glucose drink today (and get my blood drawn...this tests for gestational diabetes) and I had more blood drawn to test for anemia. I will find out the results on Monday. The doctor also wanted me to start the "kick count", which is where I have to see how long it takes for the baby to kick 10 times (it needs to be in two hours otherwise you need to go to the hospital immediately). After the Monday appointment then I move on to having appointments every two weeks. I'll be spending my summer in the doctor's office, that's for sure!! :)
And on a final note, I had to take my wedding ring off. My hands are now too swollen for the ring to fit comfortably, so I am now sporting it on a gold necklace. It still feels weird not wearing it, but I guess it's just something that comes with pregnancy...swollen joints.
5 comments:
You look so pretty in that blue. I am getting so excited for this baby! Wow, it's really happening. Can't wait for the shower. Love you.
Britta, you look beautiful!! I think pregnancy is definitely agreeing with you. I am sooo sad I will not be at the shower, and feel bad I'm missing the entire pregnancy. We are excited for the move though and to finally live in a house :) Enjoy your summer off and the rest and relaxation while you still can! Love, Melissa
Britta-wow. Your third tri-mester? I can't believe it! How did your test results come out? I hope everything is okay! Can't wait to see you in less than 2 weeks! Kate
I can't wait for your shower! Babies and new mommies are the most fun to buy for! =) If you need anything last minute for the party don't be afraid to ask! I have the whole day off!
See you soon! Erica
wow your lookin great mrs.spitzley that's just great i'm so happy. i just got back from my sister's house she lives in albion mI. and i found out that i;m in a weddding on july 15th and my birthday is that mouth to so i'm happy. i will be the bride's made ya .hope that your summer i going great mine is great right now i'm getting a little tan and i'm happy .well i really dont know what else to say i talk to you later luz amanda huss.
Post a Comment