Sunday, February 19, 2006

A time away

Ben and I are down in Florida right now enjoying some R & R. We decided to visit my grandparents to tell them in person that Ben and I are expecting our first child. They are very excited and we have had a lot of time to catch up and chat about the upcoming events. We leave tomorrow...ah how time flies!

Currently we are almost 12 weeks pregnant!! Only a week and a day until the end of our first trimester. I cannot belive it!! We have gone to the doctor and everything is going great. We even had an ultrasound done, so I will try to get that posted soon. It is quite an amazing thing to see!! We have decided that we are going to wait to find out the sex of the baby until it is born, though. I guess it just adds to the suspense! :)

5 comments:

Jocelyn Edin said...

Yay! I love blogs. And I love your pink shell :) Think pink! So glad you could get away to some warmth for a long weekend. It got COLD up here. See you this coming weekend. Love you, Jocelyn

p.s. You may want to revise blog settings so anonymous comments are allowed. And, have your posts emailed to you. Very fun.

Frank H. Lucido M.D. said...

Britta, Ben!
That is SO exciting!

Congratulations from me and Damian!

Hmm: 2/19 plus a week and a day, makes 2/27, plus 6 more months, makes...
about August 27 or so?
Another little Virgo like Jocelyn (9/1) !
and I (9/13)!

love,
Frank

joanne said...

Wow it is such a neat thing for you to get these messages so soon!! We had a great time with you, and we think the new baby will have a great time when he/she comes down here to visit!! By the way Frank, Bob's birthday is 9/13!!! I think she is planning Sept. 5th, which is Johnny's birthday!! WOW! Jojo

Anonymous said...

gbob here...we sure had fun these last few days...Captain ben got all five of us thru the rough waters in the yacht we use in fla. and willie....gbob had a confidential talk with britta's new addition...running back allamerican for ole blue..be back soon

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Britta! Jer and I coudn't be happier for you and Ben!