Not Komen, but rather the Green & White Game Day the Saturday before the Komen Race...too cute to not post! Even if it is the wrong colors! ;)
Ben and I after the race
My family...lots of emotions and lots of LOVE!
Rainey cousins (minus Emmett who stayed with grandparents)
Sisters for the Cure! Love you, Joss!
Big weekend last weekend. Saturday Ben took Barrett to the Green & White game at Spartan Stadium. He took him last year and will most likely make this a yearly father-son bonding event. It's cute. Then, later that day my immediate family got together for dinner at my dad's. We just told stories and laughed. It was a great evening. The next day was the Komen Race (click for more pictures from the weekend) at the capitol. Jocelyn and I put together a team named "You Gotta Be" in honor of our mother's fighting song. Jocelyn made t-shirts and we all raised money for this great cause. The team met up before the race, we handed out shirts and got a group shot. Some people ran the race, some walked it, but everyone had a great time! Ben finished the race around 25 minutes, I finished around 33 minutes, and Dewey finished in second place in her age group (and won a medal!). I ran with Anne Edin for almost the entire race and to be honest with you, I don't think I would have ran the entire race without her! It was so nice to run with someone! Afterward, we all met back up and had a few drinks then continued on to another restaurant for dinner. By the end of the night we were exhausted (but the kids seemed to get a second wind at home...whew!). More pictures from the weekend are on the link below.
2 comments:
Great job, Britta!! So happy that things went well, despite the weather. Sorry that we had to miss this one, but I'm already looking forward to running it next year!
-Melissa
Love Barrett in his green and white! :) But I'm sure he looks just as awesome in blue and gold. Thanks again for putting together such a great team to be a part of, Rex and I loved the experience. I say it all the time, but I'm so lucky to have such awesome in-laws!! :)
Post a Comment