Tuesday, February 02, 2010
Skiing
Last weekend Ben and I took off to go downhill skiing with the Janiczek's. Unfortunately I forgot my camera, but I know Kristen took some, so I'll share when I get them. Anyway, the skiing was great! We got up there around 6:30 or so Friday night and proceeded to go night skiing. It was College night, so needless to say, it was rowdy!! :) We had a blast, though. We started on the easy hills (since it has been about 4 years since we last skiied) and then slowly moved on up to the medium, then difficult hills. It was so exhilirating. I must say though that I prefer the casual, easy hills to the difficult black diamonds. Those get my heart rate up too high! It's too much concentration and not as much fun. Ben loves them, though. One highlight was when I was following Ben down a black diamond...I saw him continue skiing right on through a slalom ski competition course (the competition was going on right then). I stopped to watch, as did all the competitors and then was on my way. One glitch...I was laughing so hard that I became a yard sale (everything flying!!!). All I saw was my one ski flying over my head! Yup, lost my concentration on that one! :) I was still laughing, even after the fall, when I reached the bottom. Ben didn't even realize he went through the course...too funny! All in all, we had a great time!! We can't wait to go again...hopefully sooner rather than later! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I haven't been skiing in years and of course, this winter I want to do it so badly....I think just because I can't. Glad you guys had some fun! I love the story of Ben joining the race and your equipment flying, very funny.
-Melissa
Oh how I wish I was there to witness the comedy of errors on the ski hill!!! Sounds like a ton o' fun to me!
Post a Comment