Monday, September 08, 2008

happy 2nd birthday BARRETT


Today is Barrett's 2nd birthday! I just got my weekly information email where he was first refered to as a baby, then a toddler, and now....preschooler....what...2 is now considered a preschooler. Crazy. Anyway, this past Saturday we had his birthday party with a SpongeBob theme. He loves spongebob, so it seemed appropriate. It was a small get together this year, with a homemade cake and a pinata. It was a nice evening with family. Barrett loved all his new toys and even had to go to bed with one of his new tractors. He held it in his arms like you would a teddy bear. Too cute. He had constant candy on his face and he stayed up late. I guess you could say he had a GREAT time. :)

Barrett's stats @ 2 years:
**Blond hair, blue eyes
**Loves books, tractors, cars, music
**Says lots of words like "again", "please", "thank you", "momma", "dadda", "help me"
**Loves to play outside, especially in the sand box
**Loves to go for quad rides
**Loves to fish with daddy
**Roars like a lion and a dinosaur
**Uses utensils pretty well
**Loves his veggies, especially beans and broccoli
**Gives great hugs and kisses
**Loves his sisters
**Naps once a day
**Runs every where
**Says "sorry" most of the time
**Still sucks his thumb and loves his blankie
**Watches "Lion King" and the "Land Before Time" movie religiously
**The best son anyone could ask for!!

The next day we hung out with the Janiczeks and Owens. It had been awhile since all of us have gotten together, especially since the Janiczeks were living in Germany for the last 6 months. It was such a great day. After they left Ben said to me "I could do that every Sunday". I, of course, agreed. We just talked, played some cards, fished & golfed (well...the boys did), played Ladderball, grilled, and relaxed. Nothing better, really. :)

4 comments:

Dawn Cooper said...

Britta, I just wanted to tell you that those kids of yours are so darned adorable! What a perfect little family!

(PS... tell your sister congrats on being pregnant! how excited she must be!)

XOXO, Dawn

Anonymous said...

Yay, Happy Birthday Barrett! So sad I couldn't make it to the party, I'd already committed to helping Cheap Girls out with a day of traveling. In retrospect I think I would've had more fun with you guys! :)

Meanwhile, sounds like a great day. You're such a super mama. Hope we see you guys soon!!

Melissa said...

Happy b-day to Barrett!! I can't believe he is already 2 years old....and you are a mother of three. What a difference a few years makes!! -Melissa

Monica said...

Another great party, Barrett was hilarious. I think his dinosaur roaring cracks me up a little too much, I did notice a certain pic wasn't in the set posted...the "old man" Barrett pic- it would go perfectly with Rex's one at the end of the set. Too funny. : )