Barrett is becoming quite the busy boy these days. He crawls everywhere (alternates between army crawling and "regular" crawling) and then pulls himself to standing. Once he is standing he cruises around objects, such as the couch, and walks to closer other objects. Meaning he moves from the couch to the coffee table to me and back again. He just loves to move. This whole walking thing is getting so easy for him (he still cannot walk without holding something, though). He has learned that falling doesn't have to be so bad (he is often very careful about his placement just so he will fall nicely and softly on his tush). He will lay down and sit back up again and sometimes even sits on his knees (although my friend just told me that I should have him sit a different way because sitting on his knees can cause his feet to become pigeon toed). When Barrett gets crawling, he can really book it, too. He tries to get through doorways he knows he's not supposed to, for example. He smiles the whole time, too! :)
On another note, Barrett has developed the "stranger" complex. Even Ben got it this morning. Ben brought Barrett in to me this morning, but Ben wanted some time with him before work. Ben took Barrett from me and Barrett was not happy. Barrett kept trying to get back to me and cried and cried. I felt bad for Ben. So I hid beside the bed until Ben got Barrett calmed down and I climbed back into bed, but Ben had to prevent Barrett from seeing me. Ugh! I guess it's just momma age right now.
Below is a slideshow of recent pictures. We've been hanging outside a lot and enjoying these recent beautiful days! :)
Finally, I want to wish my cousin a Happy 30th Birthday today. Happy day, Kyle!



6 comments:
I love your slide show! Is it a program through blogger or a photo place? It's too cool! It looks like the pond filled in nicely and that Barrett is keeping you on your toes. :)
I made the slide on www.slide.com. Cool, huh?? :)
stories about that little man make me smile so big - even when you had to hide - 'cause you guys are learning so much together and that makes great families. i love hearing about all his little phases and stages!
What a cutie...I know I say that all the time but it is true! I pictured you hiding behind the bed and cracked up; sounds like he is a momma's boy! I will pass on the b-day wish to Kyle since he doesn't check the blogs as often as me :) Love, Melissa
You're lovin high-speed internet, heh? Very cool Brit. Barrett is so damn cute, just like his parents.
Looks like you are having a great summer Britta! Barrett is a good lookin' little guy! What fun, huh?
Post a Comment