It was a nice long weekend at the Rainey cabin. This was the first time in years that Ben and I (plus Barrett) have stayed at one cabin for the entire holiday weekend. In the past we always split the weekend with the other family cabin. We decided that it would be too difficult to drive all around like that with Barrett, so from now on we will be at one or the other.
We headed up on Friday afternoon and unloaded. We stayed at Grandpa Bob & Grandma JoJo's cabin this year (Edin's and we will take turns). Saturday there was a wedding shower for Rex & Monica (Rex went to the hospital earlier in the day because he sliced his foot open on the boat hoist...luckily no stitches were needed). Sunday the family had a big dinner followed by celebrations for Monique's 17th birthday. Monday we headed home. It was great spending all the time with family. Barrett did wonderful. He slept and ate great even though we were in a "new" place. I think he really loved having the time with his great-grandparents! :)

5 comments:
Wow, you posted before Joss; usually she gets updates up in less than 12 hrs :) Any more pics?
Kyle and I hate that we missed the weekend but the Williams said everyone had a great time. Only 1 1/2 weeks left of school and when we can see everyone again....I can't wait for both :) Love, Melissa
It was another great weekend. So relaxing and just beautiful and SO hard to come back home...It was great that you guys got to spend the whole time in one place also. We just figured out the next weekend we can make it up, and are planning on a cabin weekend June 29-July 1st if anyone is interested in heading up too... : ) Lots of love and see you guys soon!
I agree with Monica - it was definitely hard to come home! I just wished all day Monday for a thunderstorm to start right before we had to go to make the separation a little easier. No luck!
It was so so so nice spending time with everyone. I feel like I really got to know everyone a little better during this trip. And it's always a treat to hang out with the babies! :)
See you in (less than!) two weeks!
xoxo Erica
For those who are planners.....the weekend that Monica talked about going up to the cabin is the weekend of Tricia's couples shower in TC. Kyle and I are going to be in TC for that weekend, head to Petoskey to see my family on July 3-4 (my sis and brother-in-law will be in from San Fran) and then heading to the cabin for the weekend (July 5-8). Just as an FYI :) -Melissa
We couldn't leave the cabin on Monday because it was so gorgeous. So we got home late and last night I was so sore from skiing I went to bed early. I'll post soon. I've got lots of pics! :) Mel, thanks for the heads up on the party plans. Busy summer!
Post a Comment