Barrett in the tub...he just loves it!
Eating grapes!!
Sitting like a big boy.
Barrett turned 8 months old on Tuesday and all I can think is how fast the time is going. I saw a picture of him on my sister's blog and he looked so much older!! Yesterday I had my first real experience on how much a child changes everything...I picked up Barrett from his sitters and he had gotten an eye infection (yup, that fast...it didn't look like anything that morning). I had to take him to the local doctor's clinic. I had to sign in at 5 pm, but they didn't start seeing people until 6 pm. After that I ran his perscription up get filled and they told me that it would be 45 minutes. I ran over to my dad's, hung out, and fed Barrett dinner. Then I went back to get the perscription and finally headed for home. I got home about 8 pm! Whew! It's one of those moments that I had to put everything else on hold and take care of my little man. It then got me thinking...am I really ready to have another one so soon?!? Hmmm... I can't imagine doing that with more than one child. Props to all those women that do it every day. You're Super Women!!
Anyway, I only have 4 more weeks of school, which means that I will be able to spend more time with Barrett and I can't wait! :) I do have to take a few classes, but that's it. There are many exciting family events this summer that I am definitely looking forward to, too. Weddings here we come!!
Here are Barrett's stats @ 8 months:
::Weighs 23 lbs.
::Has blonde hair and blue eyes
::Still sucks his right thumb when he's sleepy
::Army crawls all over, hasn't quite figured out how to get his belly up off the floor
::Sits upright
::Has started to clap
::Says "ma ma", but without relating it yet
::Has 7 teeth (4 upper and 3 lower)
::Eats breastmilk about 4 times a day and solids 2 times a day
::Loves to feed himself and has mastered the "pincher" grab
::Drinks from a cup
::Takes 2 long naps a day
::Sleeps about 10 hours a night
::LOVES his pets (has yet to catch Jovi, but it's only a matter of time)!!
::Still loves to snuggle
He's simply amazing and I can't wait to watch him grow!

7 comments:
Yep, amazing and so handsome already. Wow, a little boy Brit!
Such a sweet baby! Love the grape photo, that is priceless. :)
xoxo! Erica
I just can't get over how big/old he is....babies change sooo much!! I really can't wait to see him next month!
I forgot to say the last comment was from me---Melissa :)
He is looking like such a grown up! I can't believe how much he's changed lately, Rex commented that he definitely looks like a Spitzley when I had him check out the blog. See you all soon!
Okay B, what's going on. Are you pregnant again? What am I missing? What a sweetie, and he is getting big!-Kate
Kate...what do you mean...am I pregnant again! Um, no! I need a summer off! :)
Post a Comment