Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Enjoying Some Time With My Boys




Barrett is now one month old!! Wow! He is getting stronger and stronger every day. I actually think that he gets frustrated because his body will not allow him to do the things he wants to do. He kicks a lot and loves to roll over onto his back. He will even "stand" with support. He is a great baby that only cries when he's hungry, so we are very lucky with that. We're still working on the nighttime sleeping thing, but I know we'll get there. He still grunts a lot, but a lady told me the other day that "every grunt is a growth". Interesting...

Anyway, last weekend Ben and I hung out with Andrea and Gregor (separately... the boys played cards in DeWitt while we stayed in and hung out) on Friday night and then headed down to Ann Arbor Saturday for the big game (U of M v. MSU). My dad gave Ben and me his tickets (and volunteered himself and Trina to babysit), so we were able to go to the game!! Before the game was a tailgate/birthday party for Gwen at the Edin's. It was so much fun!! A lot of family and friends were there and it was really my first time at a big event like that since Barrett was born. I loved every minute of it! The game was great too. We switched tickets with cousin Robert (he had my grandparents tickets) and we were then able to watch the game on the 50-yard line. I haven't been to the big house in a long time, so this was great too (it didn't hurt that U of M won 31-13 either!). After the game we headed for home (I was ready...it was a long day and I was so tired...I can't hang like I used to). Sunday we got out and about a little bit (it was such a gorgeous day) and then went back home to greet my Aunt Patti and Uncle Scott (who had never seen our house or met Barrett yet). After they left then Travis and Misty stopped by followed by Grandma Sue. Another busy day, but I loved all the company! :) We feel the love! Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was sooo great to see you and the family, Britta!! I didn't realize Patti and Scott were stopping by in Dewitt, I'm glad they did.

You are such a motivation of what I want to be like as as mother one day...you make it look so easy and you have a good time doing it!! Kyle and I talked on the way home how much we miss hanging out with you and Ben, and are making an earnest effort to see you again sooner than later!! Love, Melissa

Anonymous said...

Such a cute little man. He's really starting to take on your features, too! You guys are such an awesome family. Aww. :)

Jocelyn Edin said...

Those are some handsome boys of yours...and great pictures! I loved seeing you too, but we have to do it again soon because I need more quality time. So proud of you Mama...

Monica said...

Maybe it's the eyes, but they seem to say that Barrett wants to be doing more too. It was a great weekend, I feel like I hardly got the chance to see you guys though, busy busy busy! :) Maybe we can plan a weekend nite sometime for a quality game and movie nite?